Reading the book of Enoch found some gems.

by Crazyguy 11 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

I just learned there was writings found in Ugarit that mention the phrase “Son of Man” the deity that is so described in the writings is none other then Baal Hadad. Baal later is identified as none other then Zeus.

Was not the New Testament written in Greek? Was not the oldest compiled writting of the Old Testament written in Greek? Sanchonithean ancient writer confirms that Zues is Baal and Cronos is El. Jesus said he is the “son of Man”.

• Whynot
    Whynot

I agree 100%. There are similarities in the Epic of Gilgamesh and the Sumerian creation myths with the book of Genesis. I really enjoy reading ancient myths, I always have. The book of Enoch is one I discovered about 1 year ago and I think it's has some interesting and different point of views than what we're accustomed. Makes you wonder when and why the books we have in the Bible started to be written. Theres's a theory that says that Genesis is just a compilation of other myths that can be considered pagan. It definitely makes you think of what other stories were just inspired by mythology

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit