Have you ever believed something that turned out to be wrong?

by slimboyfat 32 Replies latest jw experiences

• bohm
    bohm

RT: Well, reason suggests that if you can put a lander on the moon, which is large enough to hold life-support systems plus astronauts, you can also put astronauts inside it before you fly it to the moon...

Regarding your reasons

the moon is loaded with valuable mineral resources including large deposits of silicon, iron, aluminum, magnesium, titaniu

Too expensive to transport.

There is a natural barrier. Perhaps the van allen belt of radiation is just too intense for any proposed spacecraft to protect its occupants from

false (google it)

The scientific research that could be conducted is also immense: there is plenty of room up there for particle accelerators much larger, and thus much more productive, than CERN

to expensive to build, see above.

Another issue is the incredible number of errors and inconsistencies that can be found if one combs through the photographic records of the Apollo missions.

these are easily explained by the specifics of the physics on moon & 1960 camera technology. Often these inconsistencies on reaffirm the authenticity of the photos.

Raw materials, even water (in the form of ice; and also hydrogen trapped in carbonaceous chondrites) and oxygen (in the form of oxides) are surprisingly plentiful on the moon.

water is literally falling from the sky on earth. from the moon, it would costs many thousands of dollars per pound in trnasportation alone, nevermind cost to etablish a colony.

• Mum
    Mum

As a child, I believed that the trees waving their branches made the wind blow.

I believed in Long Ears and Bloody Bones because my parents (more accurately, sperm and egg donors) threatened me with them to scare me into submission.

I believed that I was inferior, and, apparently, obvious about it. One of my classmates wrote in my school yearbook something like, "You're a nice person. Lose that inferiority complex."

I believed that Jehovah/God would not allow men to land on the moon and otherwise controlled and/or limited human activity. But He/She did and didn't!

• sloppyjoe2
    sloppyjoe2

I was a teenager when 9/11 happened. After that I got caught up in believing a lot of 9/11 conspiracies relating to the elite (the rich bankers, federal reserve) planning on changing our entire financial system. I believed they wanted one world government, would change currencies and wanted everything to collapse giving them the ability to do these things. Well 2008 happened where the banks did actually collapse and it was the very people who were supposed to be a part of this New World Order that stopped the collapse. The Fed got us out of it, or at least stopped it from getting worse when they should have allowed everything to go down. The world would have been at its knees. I recently asked this question to someone who still believes in all of this. And his answer was, he didn't know why they didn't let it collapse. Maybe they weren't prepared. I pointed out that since 9/11 the conspiracy theorists have said this is what they're going for and want. 8 years later they had exactly what they wanted and they weren't ready?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit