What are the reasons for the the new electronic publisher card

by poopie 22 Replies latest jw friends

• poopie
    poopie

Please speculate.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Oh you dont have to invite speculation, thats coming.

• Spiral
    Spiral

Electronic publisher card?

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

Saves paper? I don't see how this could be a trick.

• purrpurr
    purrpurr

Say what now?

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

If this is true it will make it easier to follow you no matter where you go. Let's say you move to another state so you can fade in peace. If the local congregation gets wind of you living there I feel they can access a data base with all the particulars about you. Just a thought. Cults take great strides in controlling thier members whthere they want to be a member or not. Again I just might be a little paranoid about all this. Still Totally ADD

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

The Seventh Day Adventist church are doing the same. They introduced a new digital membership record early this year. In their case it was laborious and time consuming to rely on letters to transfer memberships from congregation to congregation. In some cases members were not joining their new congregations for months or even years. It’s probably a more pressing issue for the SDA church simply because their membership consists of a large number of migrants around the globe and are constantly on the move. Plus there is the issue of tithes which makes local membership important.

• mikeflood
    mikeflood

Just attaching 'your pledge of support' to each one and voila, you could have a nice cash flow.

• Betheliesalot
    Betheliesalot

to "follow the money"

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams
    What are the reasons for the new electronic publisher card - it's a way for the org to monitor and control individual JWs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit