Wait wait!! The pages are backwards?

by LovesDubs 10 Replies latest jw friends

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

So page one is from three years ago and page 16whatever is the NEW stuff??

• Angharad
    Angharad

Thats right Luvdubs, takes getting used to but makes more sense in the long run.

Example - if you make a new topic and it goes onto page 2000 of friends, it will always be on page 2000 of friends so will make things easier to find.

Active jumps around as usual but just the other way around - last page is most recent.

• Valis
    Valis

Loves...it looks like your icon is having to hold it in a loooong time...*LOL* And no actually the pages are going forward, much like Mr. Angharad said..."like the pages of a book..."...probably one of those wierd programmer time warp things..

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

Jesus prophesied this in Mark 10:31.

• SYN
    SYN

The one thing that gets to me about this change is the very disturbing change in the "attitude" of all the posts. There I was, happily clickety-clicking on interesting-looking posts, and reading them, and in every one, there was a Dub moaning about the Society, or else a Dub espousing something Dub-related. Very, very disorientating. I thought all the members had suddenly gone back to Jehover or something, and it scared me, LOL!

• patio34
    patio34

LOL at Syn!

Plus, LovesDubs, on the active page, the most recent posts are at the bottom, not the top.

This is very good mental exercise for us middle-age folks!

Pat

• Swan
    Swan

"Example - if you make a new topic and it goes onto page 2000 of friends, it will always be on page 2000 of friends so will make things easier to find."

This is a nice feature. There are some posts that I always check on in the reunions sections. Now I don't have to hunt for them every time. I automatically know they are on pages 50 and 75. Very nice.

Tammy

• Valis
    Valis

Swan...when you are in XP mode it allows you to add it to your Browser Favorites too...

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Francois
    Francois

Valils, what exactly does that mean, what you said?

f

• Valis
    Valis

Francois...notice this at the bottom of the page? Clicking on those links will give the forum a different appearance and I think I read that Simon is going to add other styles later on...the XP style has a link to put a thread in your Internet Favorites it looks like this Add to favourites

Style: basic XP (IE Only) Compact

Sin cerely,

District Overbeer

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit