The Snow is past my Knees

by ashitaka 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

Here I am in little ol' New Jersey. It's been snowing for almost 24 hours. There's around 2 feet of snow on the ground, and it's not going to stop here up until late tonight.

I'm not going to work until Friday.....woohoo!

ash

• obiwan
    obiwan

Reminds me of the time I lived in Alaska, talk about snow!

• El Kabong
    El Kabong

This snow storm is beyond ridiculous!!! Here in Maryland we are covered with all this white stuff. AND, it's still snowing outside. 2 feet and counting!!!

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

Ash, i'll trade you. We have about 1/2 inch of sleet here in NC. I am grateful we didn't lose power at least, but I hate missing all that money i'd be making had we not got this storm.

• Angharad
    Angharad

Wow cant imagine that!

We had some snow about 2 weeks ago, approximately one centimetre and was gone the next day.

• Carmel
    Carmel

Darn, another day of 54 degrees. What's a lad to do?

caveman

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

We have had a record snow fall in central Ohio....I shoveled the driveway on Tuesday, Thrusday, Friday, Saturday and yesterday. I am now on my way out to the driveway to shovel again.

We have had a total of 16 official inches in the last 2 days, it is supposed to keep snowing until late tonight. I am so sick of shoveling.

I don't know if I can get my car out of the driveway; the street has not been plowed since Saturday morning.

All the counties around Columbus are on a level 3 snow alert...which means if you are out on the road you will get ticketed. I live in a county where the alert is level 2....only drive if you have to for an emergency. Most companies are shut down. My husband's company decided yesterday afternnoon to close for the day. He, being the dutiful guy that he is, left for work about 1 hour ago. He has to make sure the systems are up and running for tomorrow. Somehow he got his car out of the drive and told me if I don't finish shoveling, he will help later today. His company is about 4 miles away.

I would take some pics, however, I don't know how to post on this new forum....

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey Ashi,the snow is past your knees?Better than your gut,LOL!..We`ve got about a foot.It`s been real sunny and cold here.Good snowmobile weather for the lake,but not the forest.Not enough snow...OUTLAW

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Well ... when you live with lake effect snow off the great lakes .... you kinda say to yourself ... this is ... well ... nothing snow storm.

Oswego, New York got wacked with 4 feet of snow a month ago on a weekend and then got wacked with another 4 feet the following weekend.

We had a lake effect snow storn back on the 25th of january where it snowed more than 2 1/2 feet.

Then again ... if your lived in Newfoundland this year .... my god have they been pounded with a number of true blizzards ...now that's snow!

hawk

• zev
    zev

well ashitaka its been snowing since around 8 am here in Rhode Island, and we've got around a foot or so, and no relief in site.

tommorow is up in the air as far as work, not sure whats gonna happen, but seeing as how we sell service and otherwise with plows and parts.....good lord i think i'll have to make a 55 mile trip in this crap.

i love snow

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit