CBS NEWS Report: Pittsburgh woman testifies for grand jury investigation into JWs and child abuse

by AndersonsInfo 9 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• AndersonsInfo
    AndersonsInfo

https://www.cbsnews.com/pittsburgh/video/pittsburgh-woman-testifies-for-grand-jury-investigation-into-jehovahs-witnesses-and-sexual-abuse/#x

Pittsburgh woman testifies for grand jury investigation into Jehovah's Witnesses and sexual abuse

KDKA Investigator Andy Sheehan interviewed a woman from Pittsburgh who's cooperating with an ongoing state investigation into the Jehovah's Witness church, testifying before a state grand jury about being sexually assaulted when she was 12 years old and how she says church elders told her she was to blame.MAR 6, 2023

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

Thanks, Barbara! We always enjoy your posts!

I find this an important investigation. It is a CRIMINAL investigation of systemic organized criminal activity rather than single "isolated" incidents. Watchtower's standard method of operation of dealing with private law firms by "stall stall stall and appeal appeal appeal" will not serve them as well when dealing with a STATE Attorney General who has already cut her teeth on beating the Catholic Church.

I heard a rumor that Anthony Morris was Ted Jaractz's (sp) "helper" and may have helped craft some of the sex abuse policies at Watchtower that have become a moral, financial, and PR quagmire. Have you heard of this, or any other credible rumors?

• blondie
    blondie

Thanks, Barbara, for keeping us up to date.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

""I heard a rumor that Anthony Morris was Ted Jaractz's (sp) "helper" and may have helped craft some of the sex abuse policies at Watchtower that have become a moral, financial, and PR quagmire. Have you heard of this, or any other credible rumors? ""

Interesting. Could explain AM3 departure from the GB. Just have to wait and see. If anything. But yeah, interesting.

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

I can't believe how Watchtower wants to double down on their understanding of the Bronze age "2 witness rule" in the 21st century. If the governing body is going to stick to the bronze age law, they need to grow long side locks, and beards and add fringe to their coats like orthodox Jews. They should also actually FOLLOW the law in Deuteronomy 22:25-27 regarding rape without witnesses...ONE Witness suffices for the death penalty.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

The Pennsylvania State Attorney General should seriously consider hiring Joe & Barbara Anderson and Mark & Kimmey O'Donnell as expert witnesses or as outside consultants in dealing with the JW/WT Statewide CSA Investigation...Yah!đź‘Ť

• gavindlt
    gavindlt

Hi Barbara

Just to say, l absolutely loved your book.

I loved everyone of your interviews.

I loved every insight you have shared.

Where would we all be without your valuable contribution and insight behind closed doors.

Its heartbreaking that you haven’t spoke to your son.

Take care

Love Gavin

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

I can't ever thank Barbara enough. Her website was crucial in the awakening of my wife.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Balaamsass - “…They should also actually FOLLOW the law in Deuteronomy 22:25-27 regarding rape without witnesses...ONE Witness suffices…”

Hmph.

The way the cases have been coming out of the woodwork, my guess is they’d run out of “qualified brothers” to keep things running.

🤨

• ThomasMore
    ThomasMore

Thank you for the excellent reporting on the progress of the PA investigation!

The 2-witness rule is applied arbitrarily in the JW system depending on who they are trying to shield or prosecute. How does anyone take WTC seriously anymore? They have brought shame and reproach on the god they claim to represent.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit