Jehovah's Witnesses child sexual abuse cover up gets broadcast across Canadian television.

by Finkelstein 15 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

One thing about the video showing ex JW`s going into KH`s and disrupting their meetings which i personally don`t think are productive methods they should at least dress appropiately similar to what a JW is expected to wear at meetings .

https://www.ctvnews.ca/w5/

The nine things you didn`t know about JW`s is excellent.and should be distributed more widely among the general public.

However it was good coverage by CTV.News 5

Thanks for sharing.

• shepherdless
    shepherdless

I think in terms of warning the public, it was awesome.

I have so much respect for all those who participated. I thought Christian and Katja in particular came across really really well.

• JWinprotest
    JWinprotest

Unfortunately this story was aired Saturday night at the same time as hockey night in Canada, so I'm not sure it got the initial exposure I was hoping for. Hopefully it will make some noise online though.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    smiddy3: One thing about the video showing ex JW`s going into KH`s and disrupting their meetings which i personally don`t think are productive methods

I realize that active activism upsets some people personally but...it was the aggressive activism that got the attention of W5 to investigate and air a documentary. And that is the first goal of effective activism - public attention

they should at least dress appropiately similar to what a JW is expected to wear at meetings .

Then it wouldn't be as effective - the activists would be doing the same thing they did before they left which was obeying the org's rules on outward appearance so that everyone around them was comfortable. Activism is about making people uncomfortable

• truthlover123
    truthlover123

It was actually re played four times -- on CTV2 and another affiliate- started Saturday MORNING AT 6 AM East Coast and later Saturday and sunday

Well covered - nice to actually see Candace Conti but I do agree they should have been dressed better for effect. Not necessarily shirt and tie dressed but neat and tidy.... decorum dictates not org rules

The police officer was very accommodating although I don't think the groups interrupting the meeting was appropriate, it was private property --they did that In Georgia, Russia

It's always nice to see a well dressed individual, no matter what the occassion

Unfortunately, as the moderator said, the class action suits have not yet received approval to move forward. Justice moves slow.... and does anyone know if Trey Gundy is involved in the class action??

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

I just had a bizarre mental image of a tabloid cover story:

"JW pedophiles are knocking on your doors, trying to recruit your children!"

I'm a little surprised we've never seen a headline like that on the front of the National Inquirer, actually; it'd be right up their alley.

Maybe they've avoided it because it's - for all intents and purposes - true.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit