More money for the dubs

by SadElder 11 Replies latest jw friends

• SadElder
    SadElder

This just popped up this morning in my news briefs.

https://www.post-gazette.com/news/transportation/2021/06/19/Pennsyolvania-Turnpike-Mon-Fayette-Expressway-Jehovah-s-Witnesses-West-Mifflin/stories/202106180126

Guess they'll start asking for money to build a new building now.

• hoser
    hoser

Or they just pocket the money and sent the publishers to another hall

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

They only got 500,000 for it, which sounds low to me.

• Rocketman123
    Rocketman123

...and people wonder why the WTS pushed to have all Kingdom Halls and other buildings used by JWS to be legally titled toward the WTS. ?

The WTS/JWorg is now worth billions around the world.

Money the life blood of this and all religions. $$$

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

"Dear local brothers, we are pleased to inform you that you will have the privilege of driving 30 miles to your new kingdom hall! Surely we see jehovahs hand in the matter as he will continue to bless your efforts!"

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

At 5,500 SF this cannot really be an "Assembly Hall" as stated in the article, rather, just a typical Kingdom Hall (as it says 2 congs). I'm surprised they sold it for 50% of what the country says it is appraised. They are usually "shrewder" than that when it comes to finances, but then again, it was build on the cheap with inexperienced free labor over 30 years ago. Half a million more for Zalkin & Others PC.

• hoser
    hoser

@ drop off your key lee

$500,000 seems low to me too but it’s still a $500,000 profit

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

each time a hall gets sold from under their bums--i hope it helps wake up some more dubs. Surely they dont a just swallow this "money for halls in africa " crap--do they?

• solomon
    solomon

They need the money from the halls to pay for natural disasters

• asp59
    asp59

Zoom meetings were never necessary from beginning. Lot's churches have regular meetings. It's all about selling building's.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit