Another Kim Davis inspired self-invented "gay issue"

by Simon 46 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Simon
    Simon

What is it about some of these self proclaimed "Christians" who go seeking persecution when it don't exist?

We've had a case locally in Calgary where the initial reports sounded like the person had a legitimate claim: a bus driver didn't want to drive the bus in a Gay Pride parade and said he'd resign if they made him and that the local transit company was threatening him to force him to do it.

Except it was all invented ... by him !

They already proactively told him that there was no danger that he would be asked to drive that bus in the parade (i.e. they were accommodating his beliefs) but that wasn't enough for him.

The story in the media about it was created BY him to make a stink about the gay pride parade and nothing more. Just like Kim Davis, there was no issue - no one was making him do anything he didn't want to but he wanted to make an issue over other people being allowed the freedom to make their own life choices.

He's now been fired.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once
    One down! lol
  • Dumplin
    Dumplin

Simon,

I don't know if you saw HBOs Bill Maher this week, but quite a lively discussion ensued when the subject of Kim Davis was brought up.

I especially liked what Salman Rushdie had to say (at about 3:00) about this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=156&v=EmMyrt_Vbew

He said: "it's religious bigotry. While they are persecuting others, they claim to be persecuted. While they're behaving colossally offensively, they claim to be the offended party. It's an upside down world....everybody does this"

WT does this too.

I believe Christians (and others) draw attention to themselves as a tactic to gain control over others. It's all bullshit.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

One thing that needs to be realized is that we are dealing with an issue set forth by Fundamentalist Christians which are a minority of all those who self identify as Christian. Liberal Christians, their Bible notwithstanding, have no dog in this fight. Many of them support Gay rights and some even have Gay clergy.

We are doing the Fundamentalist a favor by calling them "Christians" as if they represent the others who are in the 85% of the US Christian population. Fundamentalists despise them (in private) and refer to them as not "the right type of Christian". They should be referred to as Fundamentalist Christians by everybody else in order to emphasize that they are a minority in this nation. That will dull some of their self righteous halo.

• Dumplin
    Dumplin

I agree Vidiot that Fundamentalists like to make issues of things. But being Liberal doesn't automatically qualify a Christian either. I personally don't trust anyone who claims to be Christian, whether they support Gay rights or not. But i agree that fundamentalists blow their horns the loudest. And liberals would like to convert and control you too. But maybe i'm drifting.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Dumplin: "I agree Vidiot..."

Naughty doggie, I think you were referring to Village Idiot.

I've only had association with a few Liberal Christians and one too many with Conservative/Fundamentalist Christians but I can tell you that Liberals are more kickback and relaxed than the others who despise them for being such.

This is how high up this mentality is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDE8Fo86W1w&feature=player_detailpage#t=17

Republican U.S. Representative Louie Gohmert.

• ReligionOfHatred
    ReligionOfHatred

Hi Simon, what about all the other Christians who greatly respect homosexuals and the LGBT Community and even worked in San Fransisco at Food Banks, Half-way houses and Housing units? I worked there as a young adult and never passed judgement on homosexual teens and drug addicts. Why are people attacking those who really love everyone instead of focusing on the frauds!

Do you have any idea what it's like to minister to kids living on the street, kids with same sex partners suffering from HIV? I do, these fake Christians who never did a ounce of real service suck, please don't call them Christians and we won't all Mao, Hitler and Stalin atheists!

• ReligionOfHatred
    ReligionOfHatred
    I am sick of fake Christians taking up headlines with Governor Huckedoodle blasting LGBT citizens while admonishing hatred, their not Christians, their haters, their Frauds!
  • Dumplin
    Dumplin

Doh! I pooped on the carpet again! You can put me outside if you want. Obviously I put the V + Idiot and cloned you sorrybout that! Won't happen again. I hope Vidiot doesn't expect an apology too ,ha.

Gohmert ...unbelievable.

• Simon
    Simon
    I don't know if you saw HBOs Bill Maher this week, but quite a lively discussion ensued when the subject of Kim Davis was brought up.I especially liked what Salman Rushdie had to say

Yes, that was a good one. Salman Rushdie is very informed and very eloquent. I think he was spot on. People fake claims of persecution in attempts to be allowed to persecute others.

I am sick of fake Christians taking up headlines with Governor Huckedoodle blasting LGBT citizens while admonishing hatred, their not Christians, their haters, their Frauds!

That's why I put "Christians" in quotes. I think they are as far from Christianity as I am from winning next years Miss World contest. Yes, that bikini competition image is in your head for good now !

There are Christians who act Christian and do good works. Respect to them for all they do. They are too busy doing things for others to spend time ranting about how they should live their lives better.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit