Orlando KH Spray-Painted w/Graffiti Saturday

by abbagail 4 Replies latest social current

• abbagail
    abbagail

FWIW... Sunday, 2/16/03: Earlier today I was half-heartedly watching the NOON News (WESH Channel #2) when I heard them mention "Kingdom Hall." I looked up and they showed the two front doors had been spray painted with the word "BRAINWASH" in big red letters. On some other area of the Hall were the words, written one above the other, "REPENT! SAVE!" They showed a third photo of some spray painting but it was so fast I couldn't read the words. I didn't even catch the location of the Hall. So I flipped channels to WFTV Channel #9, and eventually they, too, mentioned the vandalism of a Kingdom Hall showing the same "BRAINWASH" words. Again I didn't catch the location, but they did say the vandalism was discovered when they met for services yesterday morning (which would have been Saturday, no doubt meeting for field service). So I got online, searched my local paper's website (nothing), along with searching both of these news channels' websites (nothing). So I searched the large central Florida paper, the Orlando Sentinel, and I did find this little news bit: [quote]http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/orl-loccfbriefs16021603feb16.story [img]http://www.orlandosentinel.com/images/standard/header-oslogo.gif[/img] [b]THE AREA IN BRIEF[/b] From staff and wire reports Posted February 16, 2003 [b]Satanic markings mar church[/b] ALTAMONTE SPRINGS -- A church was vandalized Friday night with graffiti that included satanic markings. A member of the church who arrived early Saturday to meet a group of parishioners discovered the graffiti at Kingdom Hall Church on North Palm Springs Drive, according to a sheriff's report. Sheriff's investigators are looking into a possible connection to similar vandalism at the nearby Rolling Hills Golf Course. Church members removed most of the graffiti with power washers.[/quote] FYI: Altamonte Springs (Seminole County) is on the eastern edge of Orlando. Also, seven "worldly" churches had been vandalized over the past few weeks in the Deland, Debary, Deltona Area of West Volusia County (which borders Seminole County, which borders Orange County/Orlando) but they caught the 26-year-old guy who had been doing this, and the report about him being arrested on Friday (2/14/03) was also in these Noon broadcasts. This guy had said his motive was that he had a "problem" with religion. No connection to the KH incident, but maybe someone got their big ideas from this kid. Interesting about the "BRAINWASHING" comment painted on the KHall, though! :)

• abbagail
    abbagail

Sorry guys, I'm at a loss as to the coding with the new set-up here. And I did "triple-space" between paragraphs but it is all run-together above.

• Sargon
    Sargon

Hey Grits, if you see the follow up to this story it'll probably claim an exhorbitant fee in damages for insurance claims. I'm sure a little paints going to cost at least $5,000 to clean up. LOL.

• SLOAN
    SLOAN

Orlando,

LMAO I know who did it!!!!!!!!!! hahahahaha

• SLOAN
    SLOAN

That might have been a really bad joke. I definitely am kidding!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit