This is just sad. Texas muslim ninth grader arrested for bringing clock to school

by StarTrekAngel 20 Replies latest watchtower bible

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Erring on the side of caution is fine.

But why is the kid still under suspension?

Amazing how a 14-year old kid can make a bunch of intellectuals look stupid. Obviously, the school adm missed the class: Common Sense 101.

Doc

• Petraglyph
    Petraglyph

I think it will all end well...

President Obama ‏@POTUS 2h2 hours ago
    Cool clock, Ahmed. Want to bring it to the White House? We should inspire more kids like you to like science. It's what makes America great.

https://twitter.com/POTUS/status/644193755814342656

• blondie
    blondie

Assumptions

http://www.ctpost.com/healthyyou/home/article/How-Can-We-Stop-Making-Assumptions-3599977.php

"A-S-S-U-M-E."

My teacher wrote it on the board and quoted Oscar Wilde.

"When you assume, you make an ass out of `u' and me," he said, telling a story about his son taking a fall. "You lost your balance," he told the boy, who knelt and searched, thinking balance was an object.

• StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel

Just to clarify. I was not trying to say that safety leads to radicalization. If anything, ridiculing a talented child at this stage in life for the sake of some widespread fear of ticking devices does to the kid, the same thing that burning a kingdom hall does to JWs. It provides further synergy for radicalization in the future.

If I may draw a parallel, is the same things a brand new (young) bible study who has just been warned that Satan is angry at his decision to study the bible. As soon as a relative ridicules or criticizes his decision, the study clearly remembers the warnings given by the study conductor, further driving the heels down in the mud. This kids does seem to be related to a muslim activist and may be (just may be) that is the reason the school reacted but we can't be sure.

There is some research into my comment, not just personal opinion. While I don't say the guy is the prophet of security, Bruce Schneier has some writings on such subjects. If you are interested, take a look at the book "Schneier on security". He sort of preaches "training/education over tracking/privacy breaches" when it comes to a security approach and he backs his research well.

• SadElder
    SadElder

If the teachers examined the device as the article seems to indicate, they would have clearly seen that there were no explosives. I offer dumbrellas to the students, it's getting awfully dumb out there. If there was some real concern why didn't the first teacher take it for safe keeping with a promise to return it later?

Have they wrecked this kids future with an arrest? What a way to stifle creativity.

• Calebs Airplane
  • Dumplin
    Dumplin

WHY was THIS necessary?? Did they think he was going to attack them?

• smiddy
    smiddy

I do think the handcuffs were a bit over the top , what , did they they think he was a Jihadist clark kent ? LOL

I think the young lad should frame that photo for posterity ," all I did was build a clock". what would they have done to me if had built a computer .?

Then again, maybe this young boy is a whole lot smarter than his teacher who reported him .

smiddy

• mana11
    mana11

Handcuffs = over the top stupidity

The case he put the device inside was a little freaky, a small briefcase, wtf, a briefcase clock! lol,, ISIS will love this kid...wires everywhere, timer, just missing the mobile hone and the semtex - one small step can become a larger one

If u saw him carry this into a movie theater what would ya think?

Train station?

Aeroplane? you think he gonna get through security?..

If i were on security there is now way he is going to get that on a plane.

lets just invite him to google and the whitehouse as a reward. lol

I bet this clever kid is on a watch list from now on...

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

http://www.dallasnews.com/incoming/20150916-0916ahmedclock.jpg.ece/BINARY/0916ahmedclock

That is the device. Doesn't look like an invention or a clock but like he took a clock apart and pieced it together to make it look like a bomb.

He was interviewed and I think he slipped, you can see it here, but he says, "I didn't want to lock it to make it seem like a threat so I used a simple cable so it wouldn't look too much suspicious" . https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mW4w0Y1OXE So he just accidentally admitted while making it that it was suspicious. He knew as he made it it would look like a bomb casing.

When the teachers and officers were questioning him, he said it didn't look anything like a bomb, it was just a clock. Well if he didn't think it looked like a bomb, then when he was making it, what was he trying to make sure didn't look too suspicious???

I think for some reason he purposely and knowingly made it to look like a bomb and either wanted to show off or make somebody think it was a bomb case. The alarm just happens to go off in the middle of class? He set it to go off. The police said he wasn't talking just saying it was a clock, gave no explanations.

So this kid who when building it knew it was suspicious as a bomb from the start, then plays smart allec saying it's just an alarm clock and pretends to be confused why anybody would think otherwise other than him being muslim.

He brings a fake bomb to school, and is celebrated, invited to the white house for his 'cool clock, umm bomb', and a big chunk of american sheeple in fear of being called racist now claiming what would have gotton anybody arrested if they brought to an airport or the white house as absolutely not suspicious at all and paved the way for real terrorists to use them now because if they make one they can just say it's an alarm clock or people will just ignore a valid threat for fear of being called racist or an idiot if it was wrong.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit