Ozzie's Weekend Poll #37

by ozziepost 19 Replies latest jw friends

• garybuss
    garybuss

I worked nights and when I worked days in 1974, my exit loomed . . . .

• CoonDawg
    CoonDawg

Well, I have to say that for me, it's number 3. At first I felt a little guilty...but like onacruse, my main motivation was to stop living as such a hypocrite. I also began developing, as Francois did, an unbelievably bad attitude...mainly to ward off unwelcome shepherding. That began by growing my beard and daring any of them to say a word...and culminated at it's high point when I met a carload of elders unannounced, after they had already been repeatedly asked to call first. These men pulled up for an unexpected shepherding call at my remote, mountaintop, rural location. No one came up there for the fun of it and the road dead ended at my house...so it was unlikely that one was just wandering lost. When I wasn't expecting any visitors, I would arm myself and go see who it was and what the f*ck they wanted. This time was no exception...so I met the load of elders with a 9mm pistol on my side and an Assult Rifle in my hands....with the intimidating 30 rnd. bananna clip sticking out the bottom signifying that there was plenty of lead to go around.

Well, for some reason...they didn't stay very long when they saw that I had no intention of a.) inviting them in. b.) putting down my gun. and c.) coming to the kingdom hall. I took the opportunity to let them know that unless they were summoning me to a committee meeting, I had no desire to meet with them for shepherding or otherwise.

Coon

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

I only missed when either myself or my children were sick. I wish I would have been sick more often because the meetings were boring.

• dustrabbit
    dustrabbit

too many times, too many excuses...and do i feel guilty about it? NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• pr_capone
    pr_capone

For me it was #4. I would try anything I could to avoid going to the meetings unless I had a part or had to work in the sound booth.

Running the sound or stage was the highlite of my time there at the meetings when I went.... or was it the naps I took in the sound room during the public talk and WT study. :D

• Mulan
    Mulan

seldom missed...........only if kids were sick, or one of us.

• patio34
    patio34

Hi Ozzie!

It all depends on the stage of my incarceration as a dub; the last two years, my excuse was health (bonafide), but other times it was the kids were sick, etc. And I felt very guilty, but not the last two years. Then, it got to be so worthless when I did go, then I finally saw the light and left.

Pat

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

Towards the end # 7

• kelpie
    kelpie

ok I will admit it, im the rebel

No 5

• blondie
    blondie

None (and I miss meetings)

No excuses only valid reasons, health ones. (Thinking of going to the meetings makes me vomit)

I have a doctor's permission slip now in case the elders push any harder.

Blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit