Good News of the Kingdub

by JH 11 Replies latest watchtower bible

• JH
    JH

Jesus said the good news of the kingdom would be preached, and then the end would come. If you believe in Jesus, then you believe in what he says, so there is an end.

Second, who is preaching the good news today, like Jesus said?

And what would be that good news?

Edited by - jh on 15 February 2003 17:16:42

• gumby
    gumby

Well, as hard as I've looked....I've NEVER seen the Good News in the scriptures to be about a government that makes the earth a paradise.

As far as the bible goes,

.....ask a person who has never read a bible or had any influence of the bible......have them read the NT.......then ask them...."What do you think the Good News is from what you have read"?

Or.....you could simply look up the word in any concordance and read the scriptures that deal with the words and get a quick answer. ( somehow I don't think those scriptures portray the witnesses..."good news" )

Actually the dubs do believe it centers around Jesus........but not in salvation through grace.........ONLY by works.

There "good news" is about a place, a condition, and an arrangment........not on Christ

( as always.....this is from a biblical perspective )

Gumby

• Tashawaa
    Tashawaa

JH - you skipped out on your last topic "Armegeddon"... did you read any of the responses there. I'm curious why you didn't raise this point under that topic... its still dealing with the "end". Not attacking - just curious.

Tash

• Robert E
    Robert E

The big question is, what was the end, the end of what was Jesus talking about?

And what was the "Good news"?

Robert

• JH
    JH
    And what was the "Good news"?

Maybe the good news is that there will be no end

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

The good news is that it is God's pleasure to give us the kingdom - it's not a bargain (buying and selling), nor something that has to be earned - He has not come to judge - the truth judges - some head toward blindness, some toward light.

"do not be afraid"

The preaching of GOOD news is barely happening.

• Will Power
    Will Power

I am curious to know what JWs mean by the kingdom when they preach it? Do they inherit it? Is it something that they are not a part of? Is it just where they think their Jehovah lives?

Is it the hall?

Is it "the kingdom is within you" ? heirs with Christ?

Is it an earthly kingdom on a paradise earth? 15:49-50 Just as we have borne the image of the earthly, we will also bear the image of the heavenly. No I say this, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God

1 Cor 15:44 It is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body. If there is a natural body, there is also a spiritual body.

and as to when the kingdom is coming? Luke 17:20-21 Jesus said "the kingdom of God is not coming with signs to be observed; nor will they say, Look here it is! or There it is! For behold, the kingdom of God is within you." doesn't this mean spiritual not physical & external?

What do they mean? serious question

Will

Edited by - Will Power on 15 February 2003 19:17:51

• JH
    JH

Please stay tuned to my next thread monday, which will talk about "faith".

Jesus said that faith is believing without seeing? So, can a person believe what is taught without proof?

If a person teaches the bible and can't prove what he is teaching, does faith require us to believe him?

• Sargon
    Sargon

Will,

• Sargon
    Sargon

Will,

I've just seen your questions and try if I can answer them. It's been a long time and I've forgotten more than I remember. The kingdom being referred to is the earthly paradise ruled from heaven by JC and his 144,000 chosen.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit