Ministerial School talk

by Sherwood 13 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Sherwood
    Sherwood

Title: Christ's Brothers
    Context: When are Christ's Brothers manifest?
    Setting: 5 minute talk on the podium stage of power.

Opening of talk:

Watchtower 1998 9/15 17 Waiting in "Eager Expectation"
    7 In the near future, Christ will judge people of the nations on the basis of how they have acted toward his brothers yet on earth. We read: "When the Son of man arrives in his glory, and all the angels with him, then he will sit down on his glorious throne. And all the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate people one from another, just as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. And he will put the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on his left. . . . The king will say to [the sheep], "Truly I say to you, To the extent that you did it to one of the least of these my brothers, you did it to me." . . . And [the goats] will depart into everlasting cutting-off, but the righteous ones into everlasting life." Matthew 25:31-46. 8 As shown in the parable of the sheep and the goats, Jesus executes final judgment upon all the ungodly.

Body of talk:

The Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses claims to be "christ's brothers" in this parable. However, here is scriptural proof that "christ's brothers" are seen in the 1000 year judgment day and not before Armageddon during the time of the end.

Matthew 19:27, 28
    27 Then Peter said to him in reply: "Look! We have left all things and followed you; what actually will there be for us?" 28 Jesus said to them: "Truly I say to you, In the re-creation, when the Son of man sits down upon his glorious throne, you who have followed me will also yourselves sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel."

Jesus only uses the setting "will sit down on his glorious throne" twice in scripture. Once at the setting of the Sheep & Goats and another time when he talks about the 1000 year Judgment Day when the Apostles are to rule as kings & priest with Him during the resurrection on earth. See Also, John 5:28, 29

Daniel 12:1
    And during that time Michael will stand up, the great prince who is standing in behalf of the sons of your people. And there will certainly occur a time of distress such as has not been made to occur since there came to be a nation until that time.

Consider too, Jesus "will sit down" when separating people as "sheep & goats" YET at the start of the Great Tribulation he "Stands Up." (Daniel 12:1) Where in scripture do you see anyone "sitting down" and "standing up" to perform the SAME ACT at the SAME TIME? Clearly, the WTS is teaching a false doctrine about the sheep & goats so as to "lord it over the flock of God" appointing themselves to be the pseudo-anointed christ's brothers due to their cravings for sensual gratification. In doing so, the WTS is promoting a Golden Calf organization whereby one's means of salvation isn't in obeying Jesus commands and exercising faith in his ransom, but ALSO demands paying allegiance and obedience to these pseudo-anointed 'christ brothers.' They did not heed Jesus' admonition, "you receive free, you give free." Instead the WTS promotes themselves as if they alone have received enlightenment or only they have received "new light." In turn, they demand obedience at their whim.

Conclusion of talk:

Jesus sets the stage of the 1000 year Judgment Day. Why is this important. Because the Sheep & Goats parable brings about Eternal Life or Eternal Judgment. The WTS teaches this Eternal Life or Eternal Judgment happens during Armageddon because they "claim" to be Christ Brothers in the Parable. It is gross presumptuousness to have the gall to assert such a teaching. It is a contemptuous promotion of one*selves* to gain control over the flock so as to "lord it over them" or to "rule as kings & priest" before they have been awarded this prize by Jesus. It is as christendom did with the Hellfire doctrine. "Obey or go to eternal flames in Hell", say Christendom. The WTS tactic is similarly teaching, "Obey us as Christ's Brothers or go to eternal cutting off. See 1 Corinthians 4:8, 9

If you examine just about every 'eternal destruction' scripture, you will find it relating to the 1000 year Judgment Day and not Armageddon.

Ref: article

http://reslight.addr.com/armageddon.html

Edited by - Sherwood on 15 February 2003 12:24:5

Edited by - Sherwood on 15 February 2003 12:25:10

Edited by - Sherwood on 15 February 2003 12:42:34

Edited by - Sherwood on 15 February 2003 12:45:25

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

SHer wood ; funny no one has replyed to this thread, well i looked it over again and have found more false prophecies of the wt...just off the top of my head,, all i heard in the last 30 years was that jesus was separating the sheep and goats since 1914,,, now you post some new light ,,, which shows that the wt was lying in the name of jehovah from 1914 to 1995 .... you must be real young ,, to even post something like that here.... not knowing all the wt history on the subject. check out the wt indexs on the sheep and goats... i just finished reading one from 1988 that contridicts your post,,, i guess your god was wrong again... you want to put your foot in your mouth somemore about 1914,,, you are a marked person here...wt tm........john

• Sherwood
    Sherwood

johnny cip

Isn't the WTS promoting regression from the BSA Russell type teachings ??

TIA for your response

BTW, get a spell checker. Always (unless being you WISH to be deliberately obtuse) CAPITALIZE the First word in a sentence --- MORON

Sherwood

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

Sherwood; you are avoiding my questions.. And now you are attacking my writing skills etc. that is fallicies in arguementation check awake 5-22-90 pg 12 or14 .. my questions are on the money, and you are wrong russell did not teach the sheeps and the goats were being separated from 1935- 1995 do your homework before you have to EAT MORE CROW... waiter an other bowl of CROW for my friend sherwood.. the wt is still saying that in all of their history , that they were serving the proper spritual food at the proper time... just more ROTTEN FRUIT.. read that article 5-22-90 . then 5-22 2000 manipulation of info, don't be a victim of propaganda, then come back and we will go over facts, and only facts from the bible and wt books,, you want to talk more about 1914 , ,did you finish reading the last thread??? if you can't back your thoughts with facts, i will have to have the waiter bring you another bowl of CROW.. I hope you are HUNGRY.... your friend . john

• greven
    greven

"only facts from the bible and wt books"

LOL!

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

BTW, get a spell checker. Always (unless being you WISH to be deliberately obtuse) CAPITALIZE the First word in a sentence --- MORON Sherwood, if you're going to criticise somebody's spelling or grammar you should really make sure your own is correct. Otherwise you come across as an ignorant ASSHOLE and a judgmental PRICK.

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Sherwood,

Congratulations on your '5 minute talk on the podium stage of power'. Less congratulations for the four minutes of research that went into your post.

HS

• RAYZORBLADE
  • Sherwood
    Sherwood

Johnny cip, the WTS changed the Sheep & Goats scenario to happen during a *moment of time* when the Great Tribulation strikes. They've changed the teaching of Jesus "standing up" to "standing up in a unique special way." They did this when around the time when they changed the 'generation' definition. They still believe it brings Eternal Life or Eternal Death during the Great Tribulation.

BTW, EaT aT JoEs 4 uR cRoW . . . . . ;0)

• Sherwood
    Sherwood

Funkyderek,

Sherwood, if you're going to criticise somebody's spelling or grammar you should really make sure your own is correct. Otherwise you come across as an ignorant ASSHOLE and a judgmental PRICK.

So!

Like I care what YOU or any other gang banging Atheist/Agnostic hate monger on this site thinks about my mannerisms on this forum.

NOTE the hypocrisy of the Atheist/Agnostic gang banger toward spell/grammar checking to be at many levels against the professed christian, but not amongst themselves.

Sherwood

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit