JW UK Branch update 2018: "Follow the White Elephant"

by Fay Dehr 21 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Fay Dehr
  • oppostate
    oppostate

Yup. Pound foolish!

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

Very interesting to hear these spin doctors tell the faithful about recent declines in productions and building projects. I notice Tight Pants Tony had a hard time containing himself as he spoke utter bull shit to the brain dead faithful, about being excited with all the changes Jehovah chariot is trying to maneuver around to stave off financial collapse not very convincing even to those that are commanded to trust the GB..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_elephant

The term derives from the sacred white elephants kept by Southeast Asian monarchs in Burma, Thailand, Laos and Cambodia.[2] To possess a white elephant was regarded (and is still regarded in Thailand and Burma) as a sign that the monarch reigned with justice and power, and that the kingdom was blessed with peace and prosperity. The opulence expected of anyone that owned a beast of such stature was great. Monarchs often exemplified their possession of white elephants in their formal titles (e.g., Hsinbyushin, lit. "Lord of the White Elephant" and the third monarch of the Konbaung dynasty).[3] Because the animals were considered sacred and laws protected them from labor, receiving a gift of a white elephant from a monarch was simultaneously a blessing and a curse. It was a blessing because the animal was sacred and a sign of the monarch's favour, and a curse because the recipient now had an expensive-to-maintain animal he could not give away and could not put to much practical use.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The way these crooks impose guilt onto people to give more money $$$

" Is this a lack of appreciation for Jehovah's spiritual food ? "

Lying corrupt con men is what they are and the men that were in their position before them.

No wonder many have said this organization is run and guided by Satan the father of the lie and deceiver, a false prophet.

• days of future passed
    days of future passed

When Anthony got to the part about only having 3 watchtowers a year, it was like he was shocked himself. His brain must have been going back and forth between the idea of what the magazines represented - Jehovah's blessing the org with plenty of spiritual food like has always been touted in the past by the WT - to now we have next to nothing. And he was supposed to make it sound like a blessing?

LoL to the regular Jw it would be. No more bulky mags to haul around and easy to remember whats inside because you only get 3 a year.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

is it me or does Lett act and sound more and more like Forest Gump?

• freddo
    freddo

That was brilliant! (Loved the "Steptoe and Son" theme tune towards the end - Brits will understand)

I'm sure we all knew about NO MORE PRINTERY - but the point about 14 accommodation blocks down to 5 shows up what a vanity project it was/is!

I think some of the Peter Bell and GB (esp TPT) stuff was cut for comic effect so I wouldn't take it as gospel.

Maybe Fay Dehr will tell us more.

• Fay Dehr
    Fay Dehr

Hi Freddo.

I think some of the Peter Bell and GB (esp TPT) stuff was cut for comic effect

Peter Bell was cut from a previous Chelmsford release; still available on Jw.Borg - his words are his own, and the context was the project before it got scaled back.

AM3 (aka TPT) was verbatim from the 2017 Annual Meeting, also available on Jw.Borg...and I think the Lett quote is now infamous - from the May 2015 monthly broadcast.

The new clips are from the leaked BRD meeting Jan-2018.

I can't keep up with them - their tactic seems to be: "Churn out so much material that the 'opposers' will be overwhelmed."

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

Hand on heart, even when I was a zealous JW, there's no way I could have swallowed this con job.

Sheesh, the org is doing a fantastic job of separating their wheat from the chaff.

Such verbal diarrhoea will only be gulped down without question by truly org-culcated JW's. The rest will cling on, but silently rebelling in their own little ways.

p.s. Why is the spokesman advertising a "wordly" company by wearing their hard-hat? Has the org cut back on paying for their own hard-hats?

http://www.brduk.com

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Great video. Thanks for sharing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit