IF.....?

by not interested 11 Replies latest jw friends

• not interested
    not interested

do you ever wonder "what if"?

today had been a bad day, I realy dont know why, it just has been. And before i get into this i have to say im on a bit of a bender tonight.

I find myself wondering alot about "what if's"... you know "what if" I had or hadn't done this or that,

" what if " I had said this or that

"what if" I had met this person

"what if" I didnt meet that person

"what if" I didnt grow up this way

"what if" I ..................................( fill in the blank)

I guess what im wondering is ...............

Does anyone else ever feel this way ...........or do I just spend tooo much time thinking about the past, and not living in the prestent, or looking to the future

anyway like I said im on a bit of a bender tonight and tomorrow all will be good again....im just wondering

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

NI, live for the present. If it is within your power and resources to correct events, etc, do so, if not, learn from them and move on. Personally, I don't wait on anyone, Once I have a plan, I execute it to the best I know at the time. If it needs modification I will modify the situation, you need to be flexible, again, move on. They say, haste makes waste, and he that hestitates is lost. Balance thinking comes into play. Professional golfers who think with 'ifs' all the time, never make it on the PGA tour, a few end up caddying. You have a life to live, live it, avoid WASTING it!

Guest 77

• kwijibo
    kwijibo

Hey Not Interested, you must have been feeling as blue as me this morning. I was sitting at work staring out the window wondering what my life could have been without JW interference. I just feel i've done nothing with my life so far. As a whole the people i talk to seem to have 10 times more life experience than us poor dub kids. My 2 cents anyway. This afternoon has been a bit cheerier for me.

What would you like to have done if the 'what if' had not happened? I think i would have liked to join the air force and travel.....

Kwiji.

• shera
    shera

Yes,I think of what ifs too much lately.Than I tell my self,what is done is done no use dwealing over it.

• sleepy
    sleepy

What if I never read this post...?

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

What if is the denial of what is.

• Shutterbug
    Shutterbug

Yes,I think of what ifs too much lately.Than I tell my self,what is done is done no use dwealing over it.

Good advice Shera, but sometimes very difficult to follow, especially coming from our common background. Some days I want to kick myself silly for being so gullible when I knew better. However, your point is well taken, there is nothing that can be done about past actions, except learn from them.. Bug

• Aztec
    Aztec

Not interested, I feel that way all the time...

What if I had not been born into the family I was born into...

What if I had completed my college education....

What if I had chosen to NOT have my son...

But you know what, my life is not so bad, I have friends and family that I dearly love, my job is not so bad, I have a roof over my head and food in the fridge and lots of people have less than that so...

Be thankful for what you do have!

Much love to you not interested!

~Aztec

• Solace
    Solace

(((((((Jas))))))) Dont be sad.

I know what you mean. The "what ifs" can kill us, if we let them.

On the other hand, what if I never meet you at XW's that weekend?

I would never have known what a nice person you are, I would never have known what a great sense of humor you have, I would never have heard that adorable giggle of yours, I would never have known what a great dancer you are, or what a good sport you are when your team loses to ours. JK, sorry... Couldnt resist that one. tehe

I guess the future is the only thing that we have any control over, ya know?

You are such a great guy, I cant imagine yours being anything but that.

Take care & see you in Dallas, big guy!

• not interested
    not interested

(((((((((everyone)))))))))

ok im all good today, got my head back on strait, i have no idea what was going on in my head yesterday,

one thing ive always told myself is that "the sun will come up tomorrow" and it did, and its a beautiful day here although cold.

Heaven, you said.

what a good sport you are when your team loses to ours.

Dayum girl thats a low blow.......lol

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit