My strongest reason not to take anything especially in the new testament serious is found in JW grey bible

by Consciousguy 13 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Consciousguy
    Consciousguy

Half banana have you paid attention to ecclesiates 9.6 . The older version says when you are dead you no longer have anything to do under the sun "to times indefinite" the hebrew word used there means " forever"

Watchtower find this to be inconsistent with resurrection. In the grey bible the word "forever" or " to times indefinite " was dishonestly edited out without any explanation.

How many of this kind of silly editing has taken place in the last 2000 years if this is happening before our very eyes?

I dont see any credibility in the book

• sir82
    sir82

Half banana have you paid attention to ecclesiates 9.6 . The older version says when you are dead you no longer have anything to do under the sun "to times indefinite" the hebrew word used there means " forever"

Watchtower find this to be inconsistent with resurrection. In the grey bible the word "forever" or " to times indefinite " was dishonestly edited out without any explanation.

Never noticed that before. It definitely gives a different picture if you leave out the "to time indefinite / forever".

The writer of Ecclesiastes clearly did not believe in a resurrection. The finality of death is peppered throughout it.

Sneaky bastards!

• Steel
    Steel

I have always the best way to show JWs how crappy the NWT is the shear dishonestly in some of the cross references . You don’t need to be a Greek or Hebrew expert to see how utterly bad some of it is.

Unfortunately I am at work right now or I would list some. Also unfortunately 95% of JW don’t even read the bible or even care.

I have also found out in my research about Jehovah in the New Testament the real controversy is some of the placements of “ Lord “ and “ Jesus “. Of the 5000 full or almost full copies of the New Testament , there are actually copies where one says lord and one says Jesus . It’s not even a matter if it was removed them the bible.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

"...Big J allowed corruption of the text..."

Maybe he assumed that said corruption would clue most people in that he didn't write it. :smirk:

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit