CO Visit

by TemeculaMole 11 Replies latest jw friends

• TemeculaMole
    TemeculaMole

Currently the CO is visiting the congo (congregation). Sadly I was not paying much attention to his talk and by the time he got to something interesting I wished I was listening.

He was babbling on about identifying a "pattern" and how the JW's have a pattern of identifying the truths (trininty, hell, etc). It got interesting when he bgean to say dont worry about the mistakes made, we have a pattern of truth and these mistakes should be ignored (my paraphrase). It seems to me the pattern is not a pattern of truths but a pattern of mistakes. And dont forget the pattern of discovering "New light" once it becomes blatantly obvious that the old "story" was wrong.

Then the brother goes on to dismiss the TV news story regarding child abuse. Implying that there is no problem, the story was slanted, we got it all under control and so on. What really rubbed me was he brought out how we have the "two witness are required" policy and this will prevent these problems from occuring. The "two witness" being required IS the problem. The chance of a second witness is pretty slim thus allowing the criminal to continue in his depravity.

Cant wait for Sundays new and enlightening information

• Francois
    Francois

You know, there really are two witnesses: the victim and the abuser. But I guess I'm stretching it a little far.

Their adherence to that policy is going to cost them before it's over you hide and watch.

francois

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

WOW! So the JWs are asking enough questions to actually get the CO to address the topic from the stage.

The WTS's normal pattern is to ignore the public (outsiders) and never openly mention the problem at hand.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    we have the "two witness are required" policy and this will prevent these problems from occuring

Good Lord!! Are these people congenitally stupid or does it just come naturally? Let's break this down: having 2 eyewitnesses (preferably adult baptized Jehovah's Witnesses in good standing) in the same room and watch a child being raped, listening to their screams of pain and pleas for help and then standing by and doing nothing (including stopping the rapist) will prevent future rapes from happening. HOW?

So really what they're saying here is that these same two adult baptized Jehovah's Witnesses, these sorry, miserable human beings who are criminally liable for not stopping the rape, are preferable and make a more credible case than a child's broken body, with bloody semen dripping down their leg, medical reports showing physical assault and the physical damage and not to mention the child herself/himself who can accurately describe oral sex, anal sex and what semen tastes like.

As I wrote this I remembered an elder who sat in my living room and oh so arrogantly said, "There is no organization in the world like Jehovah's Witnesses."

For once, an elder of Jehovah's Witnesses made a true and correct statement.

• Utopian_Raindrops
    Utopian_Raindrops

After Big Texs very true POWERFUL statement what can one say.

The 2 witness rule in the case of rape.child or adult is not Biblical. It is away of avoiding lawsuits and blame placed On Them The Governing Body.

In reality by requiring a 2 Witness Rule and saying it is Biblical They Are BLAMING Jehovah and Christ Jesus.

Go to these threads and see

In this one Undissed says.....

I think everyone should ask the Society about this Scripture!

Deuteronomy 22:25: If an engaged woman is raped out in the country, only the man will be put to death.
    Deuteronomy 22:26: Do not punish the woman at all; she has done nothing wrong, and certainly nothing deserving death. This crime is like murder,
    Deuteronomy 22:27: because the woman was ALONE out in the country when the man attacked her. She screamed, but there was NO ONE to help her.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.aspx?id=35547&site=3

this other thread is Scullys and speaks about Jehovah's Witnesses and the Concept of Conscientious Objection

- by Scully http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.aspx?id=46202&site=3

Read and then everyone should write letters daily to the WT Society so that the only mail they read each day is about thier Use Of God's Name To Promote The Abuse Of Little Child!

this is an idea I got from figureheaduk's thread

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.aspx?id=46160&site=3

I am going out right now but, anyone who wants to help me make up easily printable flyers people can just mail in daily by pressing print on thier comp and then mailing off in the snail mail.

E-Mail me.

Gotta luv you people,

Utopian_Raindrops

• JamesThomas
  • CoonDawg
    CoonDawg
    we have the "two witness are required" policy and this will prevent these problems from occuring

Well, I'll be sure to keep that in mind as a reason why the cops weren't called by the elders when my daughter's abuse came to light. I actually had one of the elders tell me of my daughter's case when I asked why nothing had been done, even though it is their obligation by law to do so, "Well, at the present, it's her word against his." I essentially told him that I don't give a flyin' F*ck at a rollin' donut what their rule is...they have an obligation.

Coon

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

All part of the siege mentality and persecution complex fostered by the Borg "If Satan cant get us one way , he will try another" I have heard said. They are only too ready to believe that it is all made up by apostates in order to discredit them . I admit that when I first found the allegations on the net , I could not believe the scale of the problem either. It took the BBC Panorama programme before it finally sank in. After all , it does sound incredible doesnt it?

Many r & f remain convinced of the innocence of the ones put in prison and are waiting to welcome them back when released

• Ed
    Ed

Maybe the "problem" is the news reports. Reminds me of that South Park episode where Father Maxi goes to the Vatican to tell them that sexual abuse by priests is being reported in the news. Their response: "Father Maxi, what do you suggest we do to not get caught?"

• Maverick
    Maverick

It would be good to remember the CO's real purpose in the WatchTower world. He is a corporate inspector general whose function is to make sure corporate policy is being followed to the letter and to confirm that they are getting their cut. New appointees must have the corporate stamp of approval. He is their eyes and ears on the local level. He is instructed how to respond to any issues that arise. I knew one who "lived" for Mondays so he could play golf, which he did, all day! The corporation is laying down a smokescreen to CYA on this horrible situation of abuse. Maverick

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit