What is the official stance on shunning family that "faded"?

by Wild_Thing 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

I agree WT. I wish that they would finally come clear as to what "Family Business", is and quit elaborating what it is not.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

There is a great article on this on jwsurvey.org

• Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing

Do you have link for it, stuckinarut2?

• blondie
    blondie

Inactive jws are labeled as bad association and that jws that want to be viewed as spiritual will limit their contact to spiritual activities like meetings, conventions/assemblies, talking about what happened at these, points in the publications, etc. Social contact is to be kept to a minimum (not as official as "marking" and is a decision made by individual jws or family heads).

• Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing

Blondie, do you know of anything that they have published in print that says anything to that effect? That is exactly how it is, but I am in desperate need of hard core proof. I can share more later, but not right now.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

What is the official stance on shunning family that "faded"?

Inactive JW`s are labeled as bad association....Blondie

Image result for zombie businessmanImage result for businessman running away

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Wild_Thing - "What is the official stance on shunning family that 'faded'?"

I think the hardline rhetoric has been dialed up.

• blondie
    blondie

*** w01 10/1 pp. 17-18 par. 17 How Can You Help a “Prodigal” Child? ***
    What about a youth who is not disfellowshipped from the Christian congregation but who has become weak in faith? “If one member suffers,” wrote the apostle Paul, “all the other members suffer with [him].” (1 Corinthians 12:26) Others can take an active interest in such a youth. Of course, a measure of caution is needed, since a spiritually ailing youth could adversely influence other young ones. (Galatians 5:7-9) In one congregation, well-meaning adults who wanted to help some youths who had become spiritually weak invited them to gatherings to play popular music together. Though the youths readily complied and enjoyed such sessions, their influence on one another eventually led them to cut their ties with the congregation. (1 Corinthians 15:33; Jude 22, 23)

*** w83 2/15 p. 12 You Can Live Forever in Paradise on Earth—But How? ***
    A third requirement is that we be associated with God’s channel, his organization. God has always used an organization. For example, only those in the ark in Noah’s day survived the Flood, and only those associated with the Christian congregation in the first century had God’s favor. (Acts 4:12) Similarly, Jehovah is using only one organization today to accomplish his will. To receive everlasting life in the earthly Paradise we must identify that organization and serve God as part of it.

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/170318/blondies-comments-you-will-hear-01-11-09-wt-study-stray

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/173249/jw-youth-were-you-rejected-your-peers-left-out-social-activities

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit