Listening to the meetings from the perspective of a "newly interested" person?

by stuckinarut2 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

The unrealistic presentations are pretty odd. Everyone knows they are unrealistic and often joke about it. But it raises the question, what's the point?

"Do you think God will make the world better?"

And the elder conducting the meeting says:

"Wow that was a very receptive householder you had there." Everyone laughs and they go on to the next unrealistic presentation.

What's the point?

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

Why does a newly interested person actually sit through this and not find it strange, or just leave??

I have seen many leave.

I remember a hipster at a convention. He left about 15-20 minutes in.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Berrygerry: I remember a hipster at a convention. He left about 15-20 minutes in.

Haha..maybe it was because he didn't like the talks that condemned Beards and Tight pants? 😬

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010
    Thoughts?

Creepy, archaic, obsolete instruction methodology, faulty logic, inappropriate adult language and subjects in front of children, children talking about fornication and adultery, the list of things that come to mind goes on and on...

I didn't look or listen to it from a newly interested perspective, but I do remember once I started observing people in the meeting, looking at their reactions, their body language, and the way they were taking what they were being told. What I saw was just a bunch of people in pain looking for an escape to their real issues, looking for answers in the wrong place, and following very bad advice.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

I used to cringe when newly interested ones came in, we had a guy converted as an adult very intelligent,a graduate with a very good job, gave it all up to pioneer, he invited his folks one time to listen to his first public talk they were both doctors, they never came again, I said hi etc before the meeting started I felt ashamed and embarrassed afterwards for them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit