Do KHs lock their doors when meeting starts now?

by NikL 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Doubter
    Doubter

Who here doesn’t lock the doors to their house/apartment at night when you’re at home?

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Excuse me Doubter J.W.`s invite the public to their meetings how are they going to get in if their late ?

paranoid J.W. we`re being attacked, everybody to the bunkers ?

How serious are they about inviting the public to their meetings ?

When deep down they know nobody is going to come off the streets.?

• DwainBowman
    DwainBowman

In the US it's pretty new over all with orders coming from on high. But it's been being done in many big city KH's for years, and even in smaller one's too.

The KH I am stuck in, just had a new bullet proof door installed, with crash bars on the inside. A man set's just inside during the meeting's to let people in if they're late, or need back in.

• DwainBowman
    DwainBowman

WT's KH insurance is totally self funded, every KH has to send in a set amount every year, per person.

If they're not locking the door's, they soon will be!!

• cha ching
    cha ching

I thought that maybe it was to keep apostates out?

• Freedom rocks
    Freedom rocks

If its to keep keep apostates out they can easily go in suits and pretend to be visiting from another hall. Ive never been in a hall yet that's locked its doors and I've been In about 20, although none of them in almost a year.

• DwainBowman
    DwainBowman

I am 60, and my mom was dunked when I was 2. In my 58+ years of being stuck in this thing, I have been in over 30 Cong's, and visited 100"s. One I was in around Atlanta back in the 80's locked both the door's and the gate's. One I visited a lot in Memphis back in the 90's, always locked the door's. Another in Hollywood, locked the door's as well. Two I visited in Chicago back in the 70's also locked the door's.

It all depends on the location!!

• nugget
    nugget

I think it is sad that this is even a thing. Having had a child with special needs I would have hated being in a building where late arrivers had to ring a bell to get in. Churches are open during services generally so locking doors undermines the idea that this is a public meeting and that non witnesses are welcome.

• Searril
    Searril

My church does not lock doors during services. We do, however, have equipped people strategically placed.

Recently, I have been working with a couple others on laying out plans to help increase security further. Say what you will, and I'm no dub apologist by a long shot, but I prefer to do what I reasonably can to help ensure as much safety as possible.

• Betheliesalot
    Betheliesalot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHyCJHYKEvw

This church has a good idea, to install security code locks and change the code every week.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit