Jamaican news - ‘SHUNNING’: A Cult-Like Practice Of Jehovah’s Witnesses

by defender of truth 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• defender of truth
  • carla
    carla
    Nice exposure!
  • clarity
    clarity
    Fantastic article Defender ....thanks for posting it. At this point I am convinced that a concentrated effort ....ie setting a day when hundreds of thousands of 'awake' but still in jw's ........disassociate themselves & disfellowship the WT cult .....all on the same day. All news media in the world need to be advised of this action before that big day. We need huge coverage. Anyone capable of arranging this would save millions of people from losing their lives to watchtowers SHUNNING & BLOOD policies!
  • defender of truth
    defender of truth

Don't thank me, thank the author ;)

• defender of truth
    defender of truth

TTATT is spreading..

The term 'cult' is oftentimes used to describe fringe, apocalyptic, counter-cultural groups that withdraw from society. But this is not always the case.

Some mainstream religions, deemed harmless and law-abiding, are nothing more than cults, using tactics that lead to profound psychological distress among members.

One such group is Jehovah's Witnesses, according to cult expert and counsellor, Raphael Aron, director of cult consulting in Australia, and author of Cults Too Good To Be True.

The following dialogue sheds light on a religious movement with all the trappings of a dangerous cult. But somehow, this religion is given a free pass, slipping under our radar with abandon...

www.jamaica-gleaner.com/article/news/20150913/shunning-cult-practice-jehovahs-witnesses

• steve2
    steve2

Dr Ashby is the president of Global Interfaith Council and Author of Anam Cara: Your Soul Friend and Bridge to Enlightenment and Creativity.

An informative article that goes beyond the happy public relations information issued by JW organization. It provides a sensible warning to any "newbies" out there. I also like that its authorship is not hidden, but up front: A Dr Ashby, leading the Global Interfaith Council, presumably based in Jamaica.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette
    Well written article. Thanks for sharing.
  • poopie
    poopie
    Thank you for posting i hate shunning.
  • ToesUp
    ToesUp
    Great article. Thank you for sharing.
  • honest
    honest
    Fantastic article. Raphael Aron has come to our aid again in exposing this cult.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit