How the Watchtower and Big Tobacco conspired to propaganda techniques to survive the exposure of their dangers

by TerryWalstrom 12 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• TerryWalstrom
    TerryWalstrom

I have to say, as an old-time JW (attended the Kingdom Hall for the first time in 1959)
    when the JW dot Org thing happened, my jaw dropped. I can't get over it.
    After the era of Russell and Rutherford as charismatic leaders and the advent of boring old Nathan KNorr, these big-wigs were practically invisible and practically anonymous as far as rank and file members were aware. Sure, we might hear a talk at a major convention by a GB, but that was a singularity one-off. To behold the unveiling of a TV propaganda network and see these stuffed shirts with their wooden presentations and plaster sincerity simply gobsmacked me.
    Every suspicion I held about the religion being a facade suddenly came true.
    It's right there for all the old-timers to see. I'd love to interview one of them who'd speak on the record.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Yup.

Plastering their names and faces on everything has been, IMO, one of the best things to happen to both the GB and the XJW community.

They've found their calling as televangelists...

...and our assertions that they're no better than televangelists were proven right all along.

• Mad Irishman
    Mad Irishman

Oh, my God. Tony Morris is not related to the Phillip Morris family. Know what you are talking about people. Morris is as dirt poor as they come and no relation. Plus he was estranged from his father anyway. Duh!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit