Song with Indian influence

by VeniceIT 16 Replies latest jw friends

• VeniceIT
    VeniceIT

Several years ago there was a pop song that came out, and there was some american indian singing on the background/chorus, and I can't think of what song it is, anyone have a clue???

Ven

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

There are several that I can think of.

Can you pinpoint a tear year or get close? lol oops

You could try a search on Robbie Robertson and see if something comes up that sounds familure

Edited by - plmkrzy on 12 February 2003 19:59:29

• VeniceIT
    VeniceIT

that's all i can think of, like there's a block or something. I'd recognize the name I think though, what can you think of???

Ven

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

unfortunately I must be expierencing the same block right now. lol The first song that came to mind was from the late 60's or early 70's and I can't recall the artist name, I can only hear him singing it. But there was no singing in the background that I can remember, only drum beats "Running Bear loved little white dove la lalala la

That didn't really have native overtones but it was the first one I thought of as a pop song from years ago.

I'll post later when my mind is a little clearer. There is too much noise around me right now

• VeniceIT
    VeniceIT

I would say it was in the mid 90's I think.

ven

• CoonDawg
    CoonDawg

There was one by a group called "Cornershop" called "Brim Full of Asha" that hit the charts back around '94/'95. I don't know if that's the one you are talking about or not. It was pretty good.

Coon

• CoonDawg
    CoonDawg

Oops...

That one is India Indian...not Native American....

Coon

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

90's Ok that makes a big diference.

enigma had one that topped the charts that was one of my personal faves

Return to inocense

OOPS that one was in the LATE 90's

Edited by - plmkrzy on 12 February 2003 20:32:14

• VeniceIT
    VeniceIT

hmmmm, that could be it. I totally blanked hahah I'm dl'ing it now so I'll see!!! thanks guys

Ven

• larc
    larc

Plm, from memory, "Running bear loved little white dove, with a love big as the sky, running bear loved little white dove with a love that wouldn't die. Running bear dove in the water. Little white dove did the same. As they swam up to each other, the swirling waters came. Now they are together in that happy hunting ground.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit