Lawsuit against the Watchtower for child abuse issue accepted in Quebec(Canada)

by yalbmert99 45 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    DesirousOfChange - "Gonna have to sell more Kingdumb Halls to pay for this..."

Fine by me.

Sell 'em all, I say.

:smirk:

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    john.prestor - "Rattigan350, are you joking? Do you live under a rock?"

IMO, Rattigan is either...

a) ...the most aptly-named troll I've ever encountered, or...

b) ...is thoroughly aware of The TATT, and we're being long-con punk'd.

:smirk:

• john.prestor
    john.prestor

Oh Rattigan like 'Rat again,' another rat who snuck in? Heh. Kinda clever if that's what he's going for...

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

" Do you really think that such a person will molest a child in front a second witness?"

Do you think that such a person will molest an adult in front of a second witness?

I realize that this whole child abuse issues exists because it is easy to use against the Watchtower. So it addresses no truth in the matter. It is a red herring.

And John Prestor, I am not living under a rock. You all are.

Are you even hearing about this documentary about Michael Jackson?

Those two men previously testified that Michael did nothing wrong. Now they are saying that they were pressured to say that and MJ molested and abused them.

And you criticized the two witness rule? What do you all say about flip flopping?

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

Vidiot.

Nope, not a troll. I do know the TTATT.

I'm one of those that is stuck in the middle. While I don't like many things in the JWs, such as how they direct people's life outside the religion, shunning, blood, I do believe that the religion is the correct one according to the Bible. But I am against this apostate movement. That is the jumping on the bandwagon and being all AntiJW and coming up with these crazy reasons (child abuse, UN NGO things that were never taught in the religion) just because they don't like the meetings and field service. I don't like meetings and FS either but it is a religion and that is what religionists do.

• john.prestor
    john.prestor

We came up with child sex abuse because we didn't want to go knock on doors?

I'm leaning towards troll. You can't be this stupid and callous. I refuse to believe you're this stupid and callous.

And that's all I'm going to say about that, enjoy your weekend. I'm gonna get a cup of coffee and start my day.

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer
    " Do you really think that such a person will molest a child in front a second witness?"
    Do you think that such a person will molest an adult in front of a second witness?

Don't forget, you had asked the question "Why was there only one witness to abuse? The answer is obvious.

The point of your response here isn't very clear, but you do raise an important issue regarding a Watchtower double standard. According to Duet 2:27 two witnesses are not required in the case of sexual crimes.

27 for he found her in the field, the betrothed damsel cried, and there was none to save her. (American Standard Version)

If there was no one to save an adult victim of rape, who cried out for help, then there was obviously no one there to be a second witness. Despite that the rapist was to be put to death (v 25, 26). It is clear that other kinds of evidence were brought in for consideration, but Watchtower only accepts the testimony of two witnesses to catch a child molester.

To detect those other kinds of evidence you need professionals such as the police, but in almost all cases Watchtower refuses to contact any authority.

Watchtower's double standard is that the Organization claims it's hands are tied by the Bible and the two witness rule, while completely ignoring another part of the Bible.

I realize that this whole child abuse issues exists because it is easy to use against the Watchtower.

Ah, the persecution card again. Forget about the terribly abused child victims but weep for poor Wathtower for hiding the entire sordid issue, as if the whole world is out to get them.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

While I don't like many things in the JWs, such as how they direct people's life outside the religion, shunning, blood, I do believe that the religion is the correct one according to the Bible.

OMG! Please tell me this is satire! --JWs are correct according to the Bible????WTF?

1) They disavow the Trinity. Yet, their "Trinity Booklet" was put out of production and removed from the website because it was discovered to be full of deliberate misquotes and falsehoods. Why would that be necessary if it is CLEARLY disproved by the Bible?

2) They accept the Genesis creation account as true. Clearly the Earth and mankind has been in existence far beyond their 42,000 years (only 6,000 for man) Without doubt science has disproved this.

3) JWs accept the Noachian Flood as factual, despite the fact that it defies the laws of physics. Not to mention the problems of marsuppials being only in Australia "after" their being only two of them on the Ark.

4) JWs were clearly "Misdirected" by the Holy Spirit on their early opinions on things such as organ transplants, vaccines, aluminum, condemnation of the Black Race, Pyramidology, the Superior Authorities, resurrection of the men of Sodom and Gomorrah, (and there's more)

Need I mention the "generation" doctrine, or "Millions now living....", or multiple predictions of the End Time failures.

How anyone can begin to suggest that JW's are 'CORRECT' is fucking beyond belief (wrong or right belief)!

• zeb
  • ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer
    While I don't like many things in the JWs, such as how they direct people's life outside the religion, shunning, blood, I do believe that the religion is the correct one according to the Bible.

There is no way all of that could be true.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit