Human Evolutionary Process In 3 Minutes

by pale.emperor 13 Replies latest social entertainment

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

Saw this great video today showing the evolutionary process of humans in 3 minutes. The fossil record shows that 400 million years ago our ancestors were a type of fish.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSSzn4bIwZg

Also, check out the below chart. Humans are relatively new to the earth. Now THAT is humbling in my opinion.

• cofty
    cofty
    Humans are relatively new to the earth.

If earth's history was 24 hours, Homo sapiens arrived at twenty-five to midnight.

• Esse quam videri
    Esse quam videri

How on earth could anyone be impressed by that video?

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

I genuinely feel like I've missed out on 31 years of education. This is a fascinating subject.

• cofty
    cofty
    How on earth could anyone be impressed by that video? - EQV

Because it is a beautiful presentation of our actual family history.

The fossil record for all of these ancestors can be seen in any good natural history museum.

• amiable atheist
    amiable atheist
    cofty - If earth's history was 24 hours, Homo sapiens arrived at twenty-five to midnight.

The earth is about 4.6×10^9 years old, and humans like us (homo sapiens) are around for about 0.3×10^6 years, and 24 hours equal 86400 sec.
    So, if earth's history was 24 hours, Homo sapiens arrived at 5.6 sec before midnight.

• cofty
    cofty

I don't understand your mathematical notation.

Edited to add - okay you sorted it now.

Homo sapiens are more like 200,000 years old.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I was going to say the same. The earth is 4.6 billion years old whereas humans have been around for about 200,000 years, depending on how you define humans.

200,000 divided by 4.6 billion = 0.00004347826087

There are 84,600 seconds in a day, so that means humans have been around for 3.76 seconds, if the entire history of the earth was 24 hours.

My result is different than amiable atheist because he uses 500,000 years rather than 200,000 years as the history of man.

If the history of the earth was 24 hours, then maybe mammals first appeared around about half an hour before midnight. That might be where the misunderstanding comes from.

edit: I see amiable atheist has changed his calculation from 500,000 to 300,000 for the history of man, so our results are now closer together.

• keinlezard
    keinlezard

Hello,

It seem to me that this video is "False" facts on human evolutionary.

I explain: The shows to us something like a fish , then some reptilians beings , then first mammalians , then homo ... as in the misrepresentation of human evolution

But that is simply false ! totaly and definitly false !

The real representation of human evolution is that

We are "cousins" we have common ancestor with homo habilis , ergaster erectus ... but our ancestor were not , NEVER , habilis n ergaster nor erectus.

And in the video we see this false interpretation.

The author of video should add an phylogenic tree in his video to show us were are exactly the common ancestor ... between all species.

For me , it's a nice video , but it's a false and bad video for this misrepresentation of evolutionary facts !

Sorrry :(

Best Regards

• Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho
    Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho

Anyone else hear the song Ever Loyal from the song book?!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit