JW gatherings

by Jules Saturn 10 Replies latest jw experiences

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

This really got going after the 1990s. Informal gatherings were effectively banned starting around 1998, and they have gotten stronger since then about this. Back in the early 1990s, one could have parties where they would rent a pavilion, bring in food, and play games in the open (such as touch football or baseball). They could have a radio going, as long as it was on soft rock stations.

These days, it is more starched up. Such gatherings where people actually had fun were banned. Small groups were expected to resemble boasting sessions, minus the suit dress-up. Kingdumb maladies were played in lieu of real music--not even soft rock (and we all know how bland that sounds--what I mean by "soft rock" is Barbra Streisand and Barry Manilow) is permitted. You no longer have games such as Monopoly. Just those LIE-ble quiz "games(??)" that effectively program souls to help joke-hova enslave the whole human race.

If they can't play music such as Neil Diamond, Barbra Streisand, or Barry Manilow, I would like to bring in something like Led Zeppelin, David Bowie, and Billy Idol. If they won't allow games such as Monopoly or regular (non-gambling) card games, I would just as soon bring in a Ouija board and gambling card games (such as poker). They won't allow any activity outside of emulating an outdated Israel, I will bring in the sun-worship decorations and music, and have a full Christmas party. (Minus the weed, since I do believe drugs only ruin your brain and your liver, and waste silver money). And no praying to joke-hova, either (or to jesus krayst, for that matter). As for discussion, how would they like detailed astrology?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit