A non-Witnes who accepts 607 BC?

by careful 31 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

The Millerites got thier ideas and so did Russell from John Aquila Brown s book The Even Tide.

Maybe john wrote that Jerusalem was destroyed in 606 or 607. Bottom line Nebuchadnezzar didn’t even take over from his father until 605. Houston we have a problem.

• blownaway
    blownaway

I don't know if Trump is a good christian or not but we need a wall to protect our boarders. If you don't like it you can leave. Letting in illegals whole sale is for the stupid. All they do is suck off the welfare system and then bring in crime and drugs. Not the best and brightest. Playing the race card as "brown " people is only showing your lack of argument.

• blownaway
    blownaway

No one who uses facts will date the destruction of the temple to 607.

• Londo111
    Londo111

Maybe Watchtower should build a wall around 607 and make 587 pay for it.

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

The J N Darby translation also has 606 as the year for Jerusalem's fall. I wonder what led them (Miller, Darby, Brown, etc) to think 606 was the year? Was that the state of archaeology back them?

Just curious. Edwin Thiele and COJ have me convinced on 587/6. But it would be interesting to know what made some think 606 was the year.

• Earnest
    Earnest

Crazyguy : The Millerites got thier ideas and so did Russell from John Aquila Brown s book The Even Tide.

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

I've seen the year 606 BC in some 19th century sources, non-JW. I believe the Scofield Reference Bible showed 606 BC as the date too.

• Earnest
    Earnest

I did mean to add that in his book, Even-Tide, John Aquila Brown says (pp.132, 135)

It was in the year 606, that the destruction or first captivity of the Jewish nation took place, and in 604 A.C. that Nebuchadnezzar ascended the throne of Babylon, on the demise of his father or grandfather.

Commencing, therefore, the calculation of the “seven times,” from the first year of Nebuchadnezzar, A.C. 604, whose kingdom is the golden head of the image, and is represented by the towering and palmy “tree,” previously to its desolation, the termination of these 2520 years will fall out in the year 1917.

So, although he apparently came up with the idea of 2520 years he counted it from 604 when Nebuchadnezzar ascended the throne, not from the time he destroyed Jerusalem.eighteen years later.

• shepherdless
    shepherdless

Yes, John Aquila Brown had the correct date for when Nebuchadnezzar ascended the throne. I don't think he says where he gets that date, but it was probably either from Ptolomy's Canon, or indirectly from Bishop Ussher. I think I read somewhere that 19th century protestant bibles often had Bishop Ussher's timelines of biblical events listed in them.

John Aquila Brown stated that the end of the 2520 years was 1 January 1917. So he was another clown who didn't know there was no zero AD.

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

Thanks Earnest and dropoffyourkeylee.

So, it seems that somewhere along the way the WT changed 606 into Nebuchadnezzar's 18th year. And then 606 into 607.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit