Consciousness and Quantum Spookiness

by D wiltshire 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Introspection
    Introspection

Lets take a step back and look at this. You can name and interpret different beliefs, but on a more fundamental level it's just the hunger to believe, period, isn't it?

I don't really know that much about quantum physics, and frankly I don't care. Don't get me wrong, I have respect for it and science in general, but I'm just saying it's not my thing - partly because I respect the amount of work that goes into serious science, actually. Because of this, I would base my responses simply on what someone else has to say about it, and I make no claim to knowing about quantum mechanics. Let me be perfectly clear about this: Just because there may be some similarities in the concepts expressed, it doesn't mean I believe in any of it, from either side. It may be interesting, but that's just it being interesting. I'm sure many have noticed my saying before, that concepts are not something to believe in. Despite claims to the contrary, most people will have certain assumptions (beliefs) to start with and work through logic from there. That's all fine, I just say admit that they are assumptions.

You'll notice I said fear of death, people most certainly die, all the time. If I was to put it in other words, it's simply that life goes on after you die. We can experience life in a whole new way if we just let our beliefs and fears die, but for most people it seems that it's just replacing them with new beliefs and fears. Belief System v3.5, Fears v2.7 - and on and on it goes.

It's an interesting thing about religious thinking, you can take something that's completely non-religious like science and turn it into a belief system, you can turn anything into a belief system when that's not what it's about at all. Of course, that's just your own subjective interpretation, isn't it?

• D wiltshire
    D wiltshire

Pete,

I understand your point of view. I tend to trust sciencea great deal more than mysticism, but you have to admit that the Quantum world does make one ponder the supernatual,.. do to all its weirdness.

My personal feelings are be open minded to a degree but not so much that your brains fall out.

It could possibly be that those who go into trance states and manage to climb deep inside themselves have found out some interesting things about human consciousness. If evolution is still not finished evolving our brains to even more usefulness, then maybe some have tapped into this ahead of the general population. Not that we should beleive eveyones claims in this reguard, just open to possibities.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit