Wtia! There's More! I have another why you can't reason with a JW ...

by nowwhat? 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

So I see an old friend who's an elder in his hall at the CA. His cong just recently got evicted from their kingdom hall. And he is just giddy about it. "Even though our congregation is now packed in another hall, our sacrifice benefits others! The organization needs the resources for all the growth we are experiencing!" So I said what growth? How is 1.4% growth! "Well we're growing like gangbusters in Africa that's where all the k.h's are being built!" Long story short a get back to him via text. And I tell him overall it looks like Africa has about a 3% growth which isn't bad but no way should that necessitate selling off k h's here to support them. And what of the 100's of millions the organization got the last 3 year's from the kingdom hall building fund that was to go toward building halls here. What is the organization doing with that money? I ended it with please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. That was almost a month ago and no response. Crickets

• sir82
    sir82

The giddy euphoria of the thought of "ever increasing theocracy" evaporates rather quickly when cold, hard numbers are analyzed.

• sparky1
    sparky1

"Wondrous delusion is now taking place..........."

• Betheliesalot
    Betheliesalot

The GB tells them the moon is made of cheese and they would believe it.

• exjwlemming
    exjwlemming
    I'm sure that KHs in Africa are built a substantial fraction of the cost of ones in 1st world countries such as the USA, UK, or Germany for example. You could probably build a KH in Africa for the price of a used car in the USA. One sold KH in a 1st world country could net 10-15 KHs in these lands. Just don't see that kind of growth in these area? Just look at the numbers in the report.
  • nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

I forgot to point that out. To build a simple concrete block structure with no HVAC and free labor in a 3rd world country, maybe 50k? In materials?

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

are there any definite numbers for new kh builds in africa in--say--the last 5 years ?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    nowwhat? - "...a simple concrete block structure with no HVAC..."

IMO, that's generous.

Mot of the pics of Third-World Kingdom Halls I've seen were just glorified gazebos.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Image result for african kingdom hall

Old Kingdom Hall in Africa

Image result for african kingdom hall

New Kingdom Hall in Africa.

$50K my ass!

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

Yeah DOC, but those blue JW.BORG signs add $1000's to the bill. This KH needs more donations to buy one!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit