Has anyone seen this video?

by vinman 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• vinman
    vinman
    About 4 months back, Apostate lon posted a YouTube video entitled Watchtower Society Broadcasts Pagan Symbol. I try not to believe in conspiracy theories but that symbol just doesn't belong there...hmm.
  • WasOnceBlind
    WasOnceBlind
    Link?
  • vinman
  • cha ching
    cha ching

If you are going to believe in the Bible, you need to ask, 'Why would God need to "change light"?' Give "new" light?

Another scripture says, "Satan is an angel of light"

JWs always wonder, "What "new light" will we get at this year's convention?"

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The drawn winged diagram is not from a WTS publication , it was made by someone taking notes, referring to Satan as an winged angel.

This is not a conspiracy, this is stupidity by the person who made this video.

• Half banana
    Half banana

Vinman (we 'met' briefly on Ex JW forum) I agree with Fink; stylised wings are just stylised wings whether ancient Egyptian or drawn by hand. Russell however was much taken with pyramidology and esoteric belief as corroborative evidence for the Bible.

The greater shock for an ex JW is that almost all of the Bible, including the Christ story, is from pagan sources and mainly coming through Egyptian mythology for that matter.

• Olivia Wilde
    Olivia Wilde
    I did watch the broadcast of Feb. On jw.org, this appears in the 47 minute I did find it interesting that they would show a symbol that basically matches the early books of russell they could've not shown that hmmmm... but it was strange they did .. are they implying russell earlier books were inspired by the satan who transforms himself as an angel of light? & we should discard when it comes to TTATT?.... CRAZY
  • millie210
    millie210

I had not watched that one.

I just watched it but I skipped ahead to the part about this thread topic.

It looks like that book was a compilation of his readings and thoughts. Then he goes in to house for his "study".

After that he gets a life, a new wife and tons of cool looking friends. He gets to wear his beads out in field service with no suit coat and is a pioneer. There is a shot showing him closing that book this thread is about and walking away from it.

Like he doesnt need it anymore because he got a new life.

So I dont see that there is anything mysterious here?

What am I missing?

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Not surprising at all that the leaders of the WTS. today would try to demonize the past theological leader(s) of the WTS. with his false doctrinal teachings, in spite that his teachings were closely related to what the WTS. taught all throughout the 20th century.

• paradisebeauty
    paradisebeauty
    Interesting

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit