Where in the bible does it say that the governments will turn on the religions. Like the Dubs always say this will happen

by goingthruthemotions 16 Replies latest jw experiences

• goingthruthemotions
    goingthruthemotions

Hello All,

I have not been here in a while, just trying to move on with my life all the while dealing with a very PIMI brainwashed wife.

So the other day she started saying thAT we will have to go our own ways when things get worse with this world. she has said this before because she believes that the government will turn on religion and the great and powerful wizards (Guardians of Doctrine G.O.D.) will call everyone and tell them where to go.

thank God, (no pun intended) i have been out of the loop for such a long time. but, where in the bible do they get this belief and how do they spin this to mean this.

she will never wake up, i proved to her the other day that 607 bce is a false date...i did it using her own literature. but no dent....i have given her so much TTATT that it would make your head spin. but no dent...although i must admit i go about it the wrong way. i am not tactful...but, i have so much frustration that i don't care if i am tactful.

anyways, thanks for all your input. and BTW___I HOPE THAT CULT EXPLODES.

• Old Navy
    Old Navy

The prophecies regarding Babylon, Babylon the Great and The Mark of the Beast. Since the WTBorg Cult Inc. sells itself to the unwary by claiming to be The Chosen, in their eyes they will be directing traffic when things go critical at some point in the future. Needless to say, they'll be in for a very rude awakening when that time comes...

• a watcher
    a watcher

Revelation 17:16.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Doesn`t Rev.17 :16 refer to Babylon The Great -false religion only , so not the "true" religion of JW`s ?

Jehovah`s Witnesses assume that if BTG goes and destroys false religion then they will come after them ,however the Bible does not say that.

• days of future passed
    days of future passed

Well it may not be scriptures that will dissuade her from following the GB.

I believed like all JW's that false religion falls first, then the "true" religion is left standing, only to be attacked. But god is supposed to step in and save most of his true followers. But if you read Daniel, in each prophecy, "true" religion is attacked first. Those parts tie in with the "two witnesses" in Rev 11:7. Those "two witnesses" are killed by "the beast that ascends out of the abyss" The WT says that happened in 1916-1919. But WT also says that the beast from the abyss is none other than the UN - which didn't come out of the abyss until around 1940's (?) This won't mean anything to her I'm sure. Sorry.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

This all depends on the beasts in Revelation standing for whoever the Bible reader or their church chooses to say they stand for. In the first century I've read they thought the wild beast was the power of Rome. During the Reformation it was the pope and Catholicism.

• TD
    TD

The idea that governments will turn on religion is an allegorical interpretation of the woman riding on the wild beast described in Revelation 17 & 18. This interpretation does not really have much basis in reality though.

Imperial Rome was personified as the goddess, Dea Roma and this is by far, the most likely origin of the motif:

You can see her on the coin here, sitting on the seven hills of Rome with the waters of the Tiber at her feet. The Jews absolutely despised Rome, which the saw as a second and greater Babylon and they especially despised Dea Roma who was the personification of that empire. They called her a "whore" and every other vile name they could think of.

The parallels with the description in Revelation 17: "the seven heads are seven hills on which the woman sits" (Look at the coin again....) are clear and unmistakable.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

I don't mean to be crass, but this:

So the other day she started saying thAT we will have to go our own ways when things get worse with this world.

would worry me more than the WT crap. This directly attacks her commitment to be married to you. I find that comment a little out of place.

but, where in the bible do they get this belief and how do they spin this to mean this.

I'm no expert, and been out for a long time, but the crap that they claim about that is the Revelation. I remember that greatly because as a 5 year old I started asking questions, horrified of the visuals of a prostitute having sex with a dragon. I was explained that the fornication between the prostitute and the dragon meant the relationship between religion and government, and that somehow both are going to end in the lake of fire, which gave me a visual of the then current governor getting burned alive (gee, I wonder how I made it out with some sanity!).

So that is not directly told in the Bible (you would think that such important part of the story would be better communicated). It's told through visions and those thins that John wrote while under the influence of something.

she will never wake up, i proved to her the other day that 607 bce is a false date...i did it using her own literature. but no dent....i have given her so much TTATT that it would make your head spin.

First, you just don't know that for sure. Second, you keep reasoning with her about what is written, words and doctrine. The reality is that many people in the WT don't even understand what they are taught, they just follow along because they are conditioned to believe whatever crap they are told. That may have been what woke you up, but that may not be what speaks to her.

Why is she a JW? If she's not born- in that religion, she didn't know anything about their teachings at the time when she got interested and decided to join. What spoke to her then? What got her interested? Whatever that is, that's what you should address. It still baffles me that people keep trying to (only) deal with the reasoning part of the equation to brainwashed people, without even remotely considering that there are FEELINGS, things that give them comfort, that make them feel good and part of that organization.

What does she value there? That's what you should deal with.

• Jules Saturn
    Jules Saturn

When the Witnesses were banned in Russia I was told by a sister that maybe the world’s governments were gonna attack the Witnesses first and then false religion would fall after. I don’t think she recognized how deluded she sounded.

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

The multi horned beast that arises from the sea will destroy the Prostitute. This is what Jws interpret from the Bible

Beast = United Nations

Prostitute = World religions.

Believe me, I'm dead serious.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit