Congregation advertising on FB

by _Morpheus 32 Replies latest jw friends

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

There may be some young pioneer gents who have a "great need" for the blondie there.

Gives serving where the need is great new meaning...

• Mad Irishman
    Mad Irishman

I think it's kind of funny. Wow, some of you have no sense of humor at all.

• steve2
    steve2

I can't quite make out the large sign they are posing in front of: It looks like it says "Give Thanks to Jeh... ah".

I really have no clue at all. The word looks like it rhymes with Yee Hah. Does any one else have any clues about who we should give thanks to?

My mind's as blank as the elderly lady on the left.

As regards, commenting on the individuals in the photo - hey, lighten up! It's on Face Book with public accessibility. Pose for such photos and you must be aware people will comment. The brother in the back "row" looks kind of uncomfortable, as if he is pressed right up against that mysterious sign. Probably the blonde sister with the too tight dress insisted they take the photo and that brother felt like "Oh, f*ck, do I have to really do this? I'd rather be conducting the Watchtower Study..."

• Mary J Blige
    Mary J Blige
    I am so confused. .. wasn't there some GB alert about not using facebook for promotion or was that just meaning jwsingles jwmixnmatch jwlifemate??
  • _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    Again, its difficult to convey tone in a post and i wasnt trying to be a downer or a killjoy but it was skating close to an area that was uncomfortable. If she ever looked at the forum i wouldnt want her to be shocked with aspersions of promiscuity. Only my view.
  • BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

lets raise the tone of the thread.

30,000 km of territory & 5 pubs , so they have 6000 sq km each . They need never see each other in the ministry for years . I would hazard a guess that all the sheep around are wooly 4 legged ones?

St George has only 2400 residents so that is one to 480 ...quite a high ratio really

• Giordano
    Giordano

This reminded me of my first pioneering assignment where the need was great back in the day. Heard about it from a friend (no internet).They had 15 to 20 in the KH a third were children. 1000's of square miles of forests (Northern Pennsylvania) great trout streams.

The presiding minister was an ex missionary. They had two special pioneer sisters......... one plain looking and one a knockout. The knockout married her Bible Study also a great looking guy the other SP sister had a nervous breakdown over it and left. I met the good looking one and thought a day late and a dollar short.

Stayed for three years gave talks almost very weekend, held down, at one time, four positions in the congregation.....met my wife a true beauty...... started a fade............ left with my wife. Began life anew.

Heard the congregation now has 65 members. This is like 40 years of growth.......... probably kids and old farts..........I hope I became a living legend. Probably more like 'whatever happened to what's his name?'

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Vidiot6 hours ago
    "Fun-size", huh? Like from a fast-food joint?
    Maybe they're being more accurate than they realize. JW congregations are, for all intents and purposes, franchises, after all. :smirk:

Ha! They were...franchises that Watchdonalds Tower just stole all the deeds too!

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Fun-sized?!!?! More like "soon to be sold for a profit."

DD

• millie210
    millie210

Could this be one family?

Daughter with her parents and grandparents off to the side?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit