HIGH Terrorist Threat

by email 10 Replies latest jw friends

• email
    email

U.S. Raises terrorist threat to HIGH... 'Soft targets' focus of threat.

http://www.cnn.com/2003/US/02/07/threat.level/index.html

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- The federal government on Friday raised the national terrorism threat level to "orange," indicating a "high risk of terrorist attacks."

The move is only the second time since the September 11 terror attacks that the level has risen above "yellow," or elevated risk.

Scary Times...

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

I wonder what today's odds are of dying in a terrorist attack compared to, say, going out and getting splattered in your car?

Expatbrit

• LuckyLucy
    LuckyLucy
    There is also surveillance of at least several hundred Iraqi nationals living in the United States who are thought to be supporters of Iraqi President Saddam Hussein.

Why are they even allowed to live in this county? Our governments fault for opening the flood gates not to mention we financed them!

Also, state security officials said security will be increased at major bridges and tunnels. The officials said they would be calling authorities in the private sector and asking them to heighten security at key pieces of infrastructure such as nuclear power plants, railroad lines, and ports.

Should'nt these places ALWAYS be on their toes?

Lets face it, America is not the safest place to live anymore and we need to think about WHY!

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

From The Desk of Miss Joanna-

List of things to do today:

1. Buy hazmat suit
    2. Stare at all ethnic looking people with horror and concern
    3. Watch the sky for planes
    4. Stockpile bottled war and canned goods
    5. Sit under my basement stairs and wait for Armegeddon to come to me in my rural area with shotgun

I'm sorry I just find the whole "alert business" silly. Oh yes...I am much more aware than I was yesterday. Meanwhile they don't tell us to change plans, they don't tell us what the threats are, only that it could have something to do with hotels, vacation spots, apartments, nightclubs, it might be here, it might be abroad...I mean please! Oh yes and that I should call my police offers if I spot anything strange.

The truth of the matter is if terrorists attack, they will attack. Nothing you can do can stop that. At least now the governement can cover their asses and say "you were warned"

• IronGland
    IronGland

I'm wearing my tinfoil hat.

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

6. Come to Texas for Apostafest and forget about the whole terrorist thing, figuring that no terrorist is stupid enough to attack a bunch of drunk apostates in kilts.

Nina

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

Cruzan-

I'll drink to that!!

• MrMoe
    MrMoe

Yes, but is your tinfoil hat pointy? And even more important, does it match your shoes?

*hums*

• JH
    JH

Coming back to the original question of terrorism, I think we have to live our lives the same way as usual. No one can predict when a terrorist will do something nasty.

More people die every day in car accidents than anything related to terrorism.

• back2dafront
    back2dafront
    More people die every day in car accidents than anything related to terrorism.

That could change any day now. Everything they've warned us about is stuff they've overheard them talking about.

The chances of them carrying out one of these type scenarios is quite high.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit