WT holds shares on "Mutual Trust Sharehold...

by Gerard 18 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Gerard
    Gerard

I just found another company on which the Watchtower is a shareholder:

MUTUAL FUND TRUST , located in: 522 Fifth Avenue, New York, New York 10036

The WT is listed as a shareholder under the name of:

WATCHTOWER BIBLE & TRACT SOCIETY OF PENNSYLVANIA

ATTN TREASURERS OFFICE

DOMESTIC CASH MANAGEMENT

25 COLUMBIA HTS BROOKLYN NY 11201-1300

Percentage held: 5.51%

THE FUND'S OBJECTIVE:

The Fund aims to provide the highest possible level of current income while still maintaining liquidity and preserving capital.

THE FUND'S MAIN INVESTMENT STRATEGY The Fund invests in high quality, short-term money market instruments which are issued and payable in U.S. dollars. The Fund principally invests in:

• high quality commercial paper and other short-term debt securities, including floating and variable rate demand notes of U.S. and foreign corporations
    • debt securities issued or guaranteed by qualified banks. These are:

U.S. banks with more than $1 billion in total assets, and foreign branches of these banks - foreign banks with the equivalent of more than $1 billion in total assets and which have branches or agencies in the U.S.

• other U.S. or foreign commercial banks which the Fund's adviser, J.P. Morgan Fleming Asset Management (USA) Inc. (JPMFAM (USA)), judges to have comparable credit standing - securities issued or guaranteed by the U.S. government, its agencies or instrumentalities.

The Fund invests only in U.S. dollar denominated securities that have the highest possible short-term rating from at least two national rating organizations, or one such rating if only one organization rates that security.

The Fund seeks to maintain a net asset value of $1.00 per share.

WHO MAY WANT TO INVEST?:

THE FUND IS DESIGNED FOR INVESTORS WHO:

• WANT AN INVESTMENT THAT STRIVES TO PRESERVE CAPITAL
    • WANT REGULAR INCOME FROM A HIGH QUALITY PORTFOLIO
    • WANT A HIGHLY LIQUID INVESTMENT
    • ARE LOOKING FOR AN INTERIM INVESTMENT
    • ARE PURSUING A SHORT-TERM GOAL.

THE FUND IS NOT DESIGNED FOR INVESTORS WHO:

• ARE INVESTING FOR LONG-TERM GROWTH
    • ARE INVESTING FOR HIGH INCOME
    • REQUIRE THE ADDED SECURITY OF FDIC INSURANCE

http://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/919034/000104746902007862/a2087860z485bpos.txt

• DocBob
    DocBob

MUTUAL FUND TRUST , located in: 522 Fifth Avenue, New York, New York 10036

The WT is listed as a shareholder under the name of:

WATCHTOWER BIBLE & TRACT SOCIETY OF PENNSYLVANIA

ATTN TREASURERS OFFICE

DOMESTIC CASH MANAGEMENT

25 COLUMBIA HTS BROOKLYN NY 11201-1300

Percentage held: 5.51%

Okay, after a couple false starts, I think I have this figured out. Tell me if I got this right or not. Looking at the link you posted, it looks to me like the WTBTS of PA is actually listed as 5.51% owner of the J P Morgan Liquid Assets Money Market Fund:

LIQUID ASSETS MONEY MARKET FUND JP MORGAN CHASE BANK AS AGENT FOR 8.10%
    (INSTITUTIONAL SHARES) PAUL G ALLEN
    ATTN SPECIAL PRODUCTS
    500 STANTON CHRISTIANA RD
    1/OPS 3
    NEWARK DE 19713
    JP MORGAN CHASE BANK AS AGENT FOR 6.45%
    ICO GLOBAL COMMUNICATIONS
    ATTN SPECIAL PRODUCTS
    500 STANTON CHRISTIANA RD
    1/OPS 3
    NEWARK DE 19713
    JPMORGAN CHASE BANK 5.81%
    LIPPER CONVERTIBLES LP
    ATTN: FUND OPERATIONS 3/OPS3
    500 STANTON CHRISTIANA ROAD
    NEWARK DE 19713-2105
    JP MORGAN SECURITIES LENDING ASSET 5.77%
    MANAGEMENT
    ATTN ADAM BRINTON
    4 NEW YORK PLZ FL 18
    NEW YORK NY 10004-2413
    BEAR STEARNS SECURITIES CORP 5.77%
    1 METROTECH CTR N
    BROOKLYN NY 11201-3870
    WATCHTOWER BIBLE & TRACT SOCIETY OF 5.51%
    PENNSYLVANIA
    ATTN TREASURERS OFFICE DOMESTIC CASH
    MANAGEMENT
    25 COLUMBIA HTS
    BROOKLYN NY 11201-1300

If you go to http://www.jpmorganfunds.com/index.jsp?uuid=F11404F1E66B3AD4-10390318391991990&fund=2252&team_id=3 and click on "Fund Profile" under "Fund Literature", it will tell you that the fund assets are $1.69 Billion. If you take 5.51% of that $1.69 Billion comes to $93,119,000. That is some serious money!

BTW, notice that Paul Allen owns 8.1% of the same fund. Wasn't Allen partner with Bill Gates when they started Microsoft?

Interesting stuff all around.

Edited by - DocBob on 6 February 2003 22:6:8

Edited by - DocBob on 6 February 2003 22:12:13

Edited by - DocBob on 6 February 2003 22:34:15

• avengers
    avengers

Hooray! Another nail for the coffin. You people outthere are just incredible. Just keep on shoveling and hammering.

Maybe that money can be used for a fund for all the abused children and battered families. I say Watchtower it's Payback Time.!!

Andy of the super disappointed in the "leaders" of the Watchtower class.

• Sirona
    Sirona

Where can I find a list of what companies the WTBTS are involved in?

Thanks

• MikeMusto
    MikeMusto

how is this a nail in the coffin?

• Gerard
    Gerard
    How's this a nail in the coffin?

The WT and its Kingdom Halls can't claim bankrucy when faced with several multi-million-dollar law suits.

Maturity schedule

See reverse for important disclosure information.

icy

Competitive yields  Same-day liquidity Broad diversification of securities Proprietary credit research Competitive transaction rates and prompt execution of trades  Declared daily and paid monthly  May be reinvested or received in cash by check or by wire  Shares accrue dividends on the day the trade is executed through and including the day before the redemption is executed  Immediately available upon the complete redemption of the account

Fund statistics Average Days to Maturity 64

Fund Assets (in billions) $1.69

$1.69 Billion. If you take 5.51% of that $1.69 Billion comes to $93,119,000. That is some serious money!

I believe we just found WT's "gold nest".

Gerard

Edited by - Gerard on 7 February 2003 12:13:58

Edited by - Gerard on 7 February 2003 12:16:10

• NameWithheld
    NameWithheld

Now we know where part of that 931 million dollars is sitting! Amazing that a 'non-profit' org would have so much free capital sitting around huh? Shouldn't it be tied up in building KHs and charities? Oh, right I forgot WT doesn't 'do' chairty.

• happy man
    happy man

doc bob.

this must be a very bigg sensation if it is the truth, can you tell me how you find who are the investors to this fond, i casn not find this on the site as you prefer to, if we want to show this to peopel we must have the site from JP Morgan , so please give the ino how you find it.

HM

• Gerard
    Gerard

Happyman,

If you go to http://www.jpmorganfunds.com/index.jsp?uuid=F11404F1E66B3AD4-10390318391991990&fund=2252&team_id=3 and click on "Fund Profile" under "Fund Literature", it will tell you that the fund assets are $1.69 Billion. If you take 5.51% of that $1.69 Billion comes to $93,119,000. That is some serious money!
  • link
    link

I believe that the WT holds Charitable status in the U.S.A and is exempt from some taxes such as property tax etc. Please correct if Im wrong.

If this is the case they will be compelled by law to disclose full details of their income and expenditure including the value of all assets, the amount of cash on deposit and the interest it draws and full details of the ownership of any shares that are held.

As a registered Charity this information will have to be put into the public domain. Is there any contributor to the board who might be able to obtain this information. It would show exactly what their interest is in Mutual Fund Trust.

link

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit