Refocus

by Shakita 13 Replies latest jw friends

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Wonderful post! I could relate to most of those points. Therapy helped, but I think this board helped the most -- just finding people who have been or are going through the same things I'm feeling helps tremendously.

As for "flashbacks of cult life" and "hang-overs of habitual cult behavior" I think we'll all agree that Elsewhere is having a hard time with that right now (see his thread re: attempting to pray over secular meeting). Group hug for Elsewhere!

Nina

• Shakita
    Shakita

Nina,

Thanks for your comments. It's definitely true that we are far more encouraged by those that have gone through a similar experience.

Mr. Shakita

• Skeptic
    Skeptic

Shakita,

I agree completely. The JWs are a cult, no question about it.

Here is my thoughts on it from my website:

http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Aegean/2260/jw/jwHcg.html

Richard

• Shakita
    Shakita

Richard,

I took some time to look at your web site. There are a lot of good points on various topics. There is a book called "the Myth of Certainty." I think it's written by a man named Taylor. I am go to read it soon. I hear that it raises many of the same issues that you raised on your web site.

As to the value of pi proving that the Bible was written by men because the value comes out to 3 and not 3.14 etc., I feel that is a bit of a stretch. However, I'm glad they just rounded it to three. Some number crunchers recently figured pi to 1.24 trillion places. I guess they have a lot of time on their hands.

Mr. Shakita

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit