JWs & the Concept of Conscientious Objection

by Scully 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Its easy to be a consciencious objector when you have others protecting your butt...

I don't have any issue with people that don't want to serve in the military because they can't kill anyone, for whatever reason, that doesn't keep yopu from serving in the military (if you have to) as a medic or support person.

In regards to Blood, yes, it shoudl be 100% up to the individual, especially since the biblical passage(s) have nothing to do with savinglives or medical procedures.

One question though:

How dangerous and how much complications are there with blood tranfusions?

A medic friend of mine told me the the dangers are in emergency medical transfussions with "universal" blood as opposed to when your correct blood type is available and ready for you.

• willyloman
    willyloman

Scully: I read this essay of yours about five years ago and came to the realization that I was a CO (and I don't mean circuit overseer) and that the only conscientious thing for me to do was to walk away. So I did. Thanks to you, and this forum in general, I was able to confirm that my feelings were legitimate and that walking away from the Watchtower was not the same as turning my back on God. It was the beginning of my liberation from spiritual captivity.

• Scully
    Scully

willyloman:

I think that what you just said is probably one of the highest compliments I have ever received here. Thank you - I'm so glad to know that something I wrote such a long time ago has helped someone else.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit