March 22 Awake! Cover - I'm Shocked!!!

by Stephanus 34 Replies latest jw friends

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Me Thinks WTBTS is resorting to clever titles to garner interest. Kinda like the National Enquirer.

First the Watchtower ' thong issue " http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.aspx?id=46100&site=3 and now this !

I think I will have to renew my subscriptions.

NOT

• Dolphin57
    Dolphin57

So , the society is suggesting (page 10) that if you arent getting enough, you need to eat like a pig?

• Skeptic
    Skeptic

So , the society is suggesting (page 10) that if you arent getting enough, you need to eat like a pig?

LOL, Dolphin! Well, that would explain the weight problem most Dubs have...cause I can assure you that most Dubs are not getting enough!

I also know from experience that their suggested alternative activites don't satisfy either!

Richard

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

Skeptic, here's another word of advice about alternative activities:

• belbab
    belbab

I don't know whether I' m getting way over my head with this post...... oh well, I'll go out on a limb.

In the old old days, long time ago women if they rode horses it was side saddle. Then in the twentieth centuary side saddles disappeared, and regular saddles are used. When I was a kid, boys were into riding horses, now it is the girls. Now I guess bicycle riding is the next best thing.

Now in the above bicycling picture, all the ones in the foreground are girls and women.

Will some one tell me I am not reading things right. Surely the Holy Writers of the Awake are not suggesting how to dissipate sexual tension.

belbab

• belbab
    belbab

Geez, I killed another thread.

I didn't know this was a taboo subject

belbab

• dottie
    dottie

Belbab

Surely the Holy Writers of the Awake are not suggesting how to dissipate sexual tension

They might have to...think of the years and years and years of pent up sexual energy!!!!! OMG! I'm getting flushed just thinking about it!!!!!!!

Dottie

• Bona Dea
    Bona Dea

Don't fret Belbab...no one can kill a thread like I can (just check out my history). So, this thread will not sucessfully die until I have submitted the last comment.

Anyhow, maybe I'm a little slow but I'm not sure if I follow you...

Now in the above bicycling picture, all the ones in the foreground are girls and women....Surely the Holy Writers of the Awake are not suggesting how to dissipate sexual tension.

Are you saying that the Awake writers are suggesting that men should ride behind women? Or are you implying that the Awake writers are suggesting that riding a bike could be something like leaning against a washing machine on spin cycle?

Bona

• belbab
    belbab

Bona Dea,

Or are you implying that the Awake writers are suggesting that riding a bike could be something like leaning against a washing machine on spin cycle?

You got it!

Are you letting out trade secrets? I never heard of that one before. And my wife just got me to buy a new washing machine couple of months ago, a Maytag yet, supposed to be the best, the old one worked fine in my opinion. Seems to me she did say something about the spin cycle, not working very good.

As for the men riding behind, that's to not make it too obvious. After all they did say it was a family problem.

Boy, some subliminal advertising.

Dottie,

Way, way back when I was pioneering, one pioneer used to kid around and say, the society has issued a new ruling for pioneers: A pioneer was allowed two cigarettes a week to ease tension.

And while we are on the subject, years ago, an ex-bethelite, who was a cook there in Brooklyn, said they were instructed to load the food with salt-peter ( I hope you know what that does to men). He said that is why many bethelites skipped supper and would scrounge from dubs in their congregations. Some of those listening, this was on the job where a number of Jaydubs were working, didn't believe him, but he swore up and down that it was so.

belbab

• Bona Dea
    Bona Dea

Are you letting out trade secrets? I never heard of that one before. And my wife just got me to buy a new washing machine couple of months ago, a Maytag yet, supposed to be the best, the old one worked fine in my opinion. Seems to me she did say something about the spin cycle, not working very good.

I thought everyone knew about that! Well, I'd keep an eye on the wife. One day she's doing laundry and the next day she's running off with the Maytag!

Bona

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit