My Biography (shamelessly long)...

by truthseekers2 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

Moving info, T. Yes, your personal family (hubby & kids) comes first. I hope what you said, made you feel like some weight was removed from your shoulder.

Guest 77

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Shauna, it was not a boring or overly long post. It was honest, detailed and from your heart.

There were parts of your post that I could totally relate to. Some, of course because I left before 'new light' was shed, were once again, good to see again, as it has once again further my resolve to not be part of the organization (WTBTS).

Over time, I think you'll find you'll look at even 'apostates' (by true definition) in a different light.

The thing is, you and your husband made a long and careful detailed search before making your decision.

Thanks for sharing, and I hope you'll be keeping us posted of other happenings in your life.

All the best to you, Allen, and your children, and supportive friends and relatives. Take care.

• Shutterbug
    Shutterbug

This is one of the top ten post I've read on this forum. Most of us can only dream of possessing your writing skills and your research is right on target. The fact that you and your husband stayed together despite the emotional stress you were under says a lot about your marriage. Please give us more in the future and don't worry about the length of the post. Bug

• Room 215
    Room 215

Shauna, welcome... and thanks for sharing. Your husband sounds like a fine man. I also appreciate the points made by Warrigal and Tatiana, that attest to how, early in our phases of disaffection, we thought that the bizarre problems we experienced were unique to our congregation, and that the other, loving ones were out there somewhere, just beyond the crest of the hill! It was-- and still is--an illusion fostered by Watchtower propaganda. If anyone should know otherwise it should be the boys in Brooklyn who are besieged by a daily blizzard of reports coming in to the Service Department.

That's one of the great values of forums such as this, that it enables us to share experiences and compare notes anonymously without fear of recrimination.

• Shakita
    Shakita

Shauna,

Thanks for sharing your story. I too found out about the WT's true history just recently. It has been a year since I found out that I was truly part of a cult. It is heart breaking to learn that we were all duped by these anal retentive, power hungry maniacs. The rank and file robots continue to fall in line with whatever the WT spews forth from its mouth. Without using their own brains, they will shun family members to be faithful to this evil organization.

We too have found that there is just as much wrongdoing among the JW's as there are in any other religion. What makes it worse is that most in the congregation aren't privy to what is really going on behind the scenes. I personally had my head buried in the sand for so long because I gullibly swallowed whatever the WT vomited from its bile laden mouth.

I too can't return to this religion even though I have many friends that I love and care about. How could I ever again be a part of a religion that brings so much pain to innocent people? I couldn't , in good conscience, ever again recruit to find more JW's. Doing so would just bring more unbearable pain to another innocent victim.

The road out of the Watchtower isn't an easy one, but it's well worth the journey. In its place one can find, if that is their desire, a real relationship with God and his Son. In the meantime, we can all come here to encourage and comfort one another and we can continue to expose these evil men that have destroyed the lives of so many innocent people.

Mr. Shakita

• DINKY
    DINKY

Shauna,

Thank you so much for sharing your story. I especially enjoyed hearing how your relationship with Jehovah has not fallen apart, but has actually grown. That has been my experience also. Before leaving, I prayed to Jehovah repeatedly: "Look, if I have to stay here to have a relationship with you, I will. But, if I'm in danger here, let me know and I will go." After ignoring my drug abuse problem for a year (after I had gone to them), my favorite elder ran up to me after a meeting and said, "Someone has reported seeing you smoking cigarettes IN PUBLIC and this is a VERY SERIOUS offense." Before my eyes, I saw Jehovah remove the elders and WTS from the pedestal I had placed them on. Jehovah tapped me on the shoulder and said, "Come on, let's go." Now I practice spirituality on a daily basis - free from the controlling WT cult and all other organized religion.

I'm so proud of you and your husband!

Dinky

• concerned mama
    concerned mama

Shauna, What a wonderful story of personal growth and courage. Thank you for sharing it. As an outsider, am always blown away by the personal courage it takes to examine all your religious beliefs, traditions and culture, and look reality in the face. I have so much respect for all of you who have made that incredible journey.

• talley
    talley

DITTO to Shutterbug's reply. I could not say that better.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Welcome, Truthseekers2. I am glad your biography did not get buried before I had a chance to see it. I love true stories. If you think about it, that is what being a witness is all about; to speak about what you have seen and heard. I read every line of your story. Thanks for sharing.

• Gizmo
    Gizmo

Hi Truthseeker2,

Well, wow, glad you feel at peace, maybe one day your parents too will see the light? It takes some longer than others.

Thanks for sharing your experiences, I was transfixed, while reading that.

One day maybe I'll tell everyone my story too.

Hope all goes well from now on for you and your family.

~Gizmo~

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit