Pondering the real numbers

by Deltawave 12 Replies latest jw experiences

• Deltawave
    Deltawave

I was sat in the assembly hall yesterday, wondering how many PIMO ones like me there was there. Or even if they don't know TTATT still don't believe it for whatever reason.

I think there must be more of (us) there than we all realise. I mean, brothers reaching out is at an all time low, information via the internet is at an all time high and the preaching work has now become a motionless, speechless babysitting of a book shelf advertising a website as someone here pointed out!

• Are you serious
    Are you serious

Hopefully it's many and one of these days it will crumble when all of these people decide to do something about it.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010
    I think there must be more of (us) there than we all realise. I mean, brothers reaching out is at an all time low, information via the internet is at an all time high and the preaching work has now become a motionless, speechless babysitting of a book shelf advertising a website as someone here pointed out!

Way back when I had similar thoughts, and my theory was that I can identify those by their behavior, which was similar to mine. Those that constantly find an excuse to get out, walk around, always have some kind of something to take care of, those who always volunteer to do work that keeps them away from sitting all day.

Never had the chance to prove my theory, but I think some behaviors are telling.

• EyesOpenHeartBroken
    EyesOpenHeartBroken

I don’t know...my husband gets up frequently, leaves the building even, BUT is a true WT believer. He probably listens to about an hour combined of the assembly day and I think that’s precisely why he hasn’t woken up.

• steve2
    steve2

EyesOpenHeartBroken - I think you're absolutely correct. I used to notice some of the "strongest" JWs wondering around during conventions and special assemblies - it "protects" them from waking up. Maybe if they were fastened to their seats, the stupidity of it all would hit home.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

We need a secret handshake or a code word.

• stan livedeath
  • nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

EyesOpenHeartBroken

I believe this is why my husband has SUCH a hard time opening his eyes. He is protected from all of it.( His family is/was very liberal) He left for nearly 30 years, allowing his brain to believe whatever he wants and not being subjected to the insanity of it all.Not having to do the mental gymnastics since he was not having to answer for his actions.
    The period of time he was temporarily involved with studies, he got excited thinking he was learning things he believe he instinctively knew, ( duh , he was raised in it) and thought that it HAD to be the truth because he was already thinking these things. He dove in with both feet, took the headship thing way too far, and became almost impossible to live with. Thankfully, only a small portion of that remains. It's mostly gone now, though enough to make trouble in our marriage.

If he was in a non-liberal KH and was promptly subjected to the loss of love bombing right after baptism, pressured for time, ( especially that one since he wakes up at noon or so on Saturdays, and Sundays, always) corrected on his clothing, etc, any of these things, I believe it might do something to help him wake up ( or maybe not, which is why it scares the hell out of me).

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010
    I don’t know...my husband gets up frequently, leaves the building even, BUT is a true WT believer. He probably listens to about an hour combined of the assembly day and I think that’s precisely why he hasn’t woken up.

That you know of.

• Betheliesalot
    Betheliesalot

Sometimes I change my wifi name to TTATT, and a few times I spell it out. You can see a lot of goofy wifi names too at assemblies. Thank goodness for iPads to keep our minds wandering.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit