Saved from What?

by A Paduan 10 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

There's an understanding that is known by many people in various faiths the world over - and presented in scripture - to do with enlightenment - salvation.

Even as many jws have read - salvation is to know God - realising goodness - trust in the universe - as Buddhists would say, "it's ok" - the salvation of your soul, from judgement, condemnation - mean spiritedness separates a soul from the Comfort of knowing / understanding everthing is ok - the fear that comes in guilt - as Christ said, "I do not judge you - my word will be judge", that there is unkindness is witnessed and true - and it is in knowing that reality which brings your guilt, and for some a turning to delusive ways to dispell the fear - darkness.

You are a child of the Universe, God, Adventure.

This salvation of your soul is simply to know, whence there is nothing that can ever separate you from knowing once you have.

Fires at armageddon? - you're kidding - even then, so what, big deal, what's that matter?

paduan

Edited by - a paduan on 5 February 2003 19:10:42

• Satanus
    Satanus

Salvation; everyone already has it. It's intrinsic. To bad religions take it away from it's dwelling and replace it w sinfulness. Religions hold salvation for ransom.

Jesus apparently realised he was a son of god. He encouraged others to be like him. Paul, and later the catholic church put a stop to the deeper meaning of being 'sons of god'. It would have put the new 'christian' movement out of business, at least in it's organised form with controlling heirarchies.

SS

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

I still think that Jesus wasn't, isn't, some guy - nobody ever said stuff like that - before or since.

Like He said, the others who came were a thief - the strong man who binds, and then plunders.

Jesus said to them, "Loose him, and let him go."

Edited by - a paduan on 5 February 2003 19:46:57

• Satanus
    Satanus

Are you referring to the 'son of god' phrase? Egyptian pharoahs were considered sons of god, as were many of the ceasars. Also krishna was supposedly god incarnated. Hindu theory has it that god/brahmin is all. Actually the thought was quite common. If i did some research, i could find a lot more of this idea floating around. The end of the mystic path is union w god. Often, they realise that they are god, in the sense that they are a chip off the old block - sons of god.

SS

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

In a sense - forever not in the fullness though - with changes - not like before and after - but other in thought of the timespan - perhaps even creating that as time.

Time out?

That's a different thought.

Edited by - a paduan on 5 February 2003 20:51:26

• funkyderek
    funkyderek
    I still think that Jesus wasn't, isn't, some guy - nobody ever said stuff like that - before or since.

Dozens of people said stuff like that, before and since. Very little of significance was unique to Jesus.

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

If you don't eat the Son and drink His blood you have no life - heard it all before?

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

If you don't eat the Son and drink His blood you have no life - heard it all before?
    Yes. Followers of Osiris used to symbolically eat his flesh in the form of wheat cakes ("the plant of truth") in order to become "a son of God".

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

I'm impressed - I thought I could quickly pick an example of something strange that people just don't say.

However, what I was meaning by "nobody ever said stuff like that" wasn't really certain words, but the news he spoke.

Even so, back on the organic level, did Osiris tell them to do that, or did they sort of just start doing that? I realise that people from all over have eaten others or their enemy for their strength.

• starScream
    starScream

Satan,

'Paul, and later the catholic church put a stop to the deeper meaning of being 'sons of god'.

which is what?

'It would have put the new 'christian' movement out of business, at least in it's organised form with controlling heirarchies.'

Paul was a killer of Christians until he became one. He lived his life in poverty and died in a Roman Prison. Hierarchies were not established until several centuries had passed and then it was by the Roman emperor, someone who was ALREADY in absolute power.

Jesus apparently realised he was a son of god.

why is that apparent?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit