How is life better?

by Freedom rocks 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Holden Caufield
    Holden Caufield

More time for self improvement.

• Bad_Wolf
    Bad_Wolf

College degree, no stress about JW, end of world, being good enough etc, since expecting to die of old age am planning accordingly, enjoying life to the fullest, etc. Only downside is not under the ignorance is bliss about life and realizing this life may be the only life and may never see dead loved ones again.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    How has your life improved since leaving the cult?

It's life. I wouldn't say it's better or worse as such. My family got broken up. I play in a band. I've written books and self published (it's no biggie).

Are you happy?

Yes/no....I'm me...about the same. I now realise how futile life is, so trying to make the most of it. I'm currently writing the 2nd novel in the trilogy.

Have you made some amazing friends or maybe met an amazing partner in the world?

Of course. 'Worldly(tm)' friends aren't conditional. I have friends that I'd do anything for and vicky vercky.

I am now more in touch with 'worldly~(tm)' family and they're much better people than those superstitious, judgemental, citallapram addicted, hate mongers called 'Jehovah's witnesses(tm).

• Onager
    Onager

I embrace ignorance now. Or rather that it's ok not to have answers to stuff.

"How did life get here, by evolution or creation?" - I don't know. I do know it wasn't evolution though. Evolution says nothing about the origin of life, only the origin of species.

"Is there a God who cares?" - I don't know and neither do you.

"Is there life after death?" - I don't know.

I don't have all the answers, in fact I only have a tiny percentage of answers. What I do have, though, is a working model of reality that doesn't rely on wishful thinking, denial and claiming to know the answers to questions that are essentially unanswerable.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

I've discovered the real me. I do what i want to do based on concern for others, respect for others and dont judge other people for doing what they want to do (as long as they're not harming anybody).

I have a mixed bag of friends with different options and yet... we all get on perfectly well.

I've met some great people and had some book worthy life experiences in just two years which i would never have had while still a JW.

My life is less complicated, less stressful and i can honestly say that im happy.

• flipper
    flipper

I've had a much more satisfying life since exiting the Witnesses. Got married to a wonderful companion about 12 years ago , beautiful lady I met on E-harmony. She's been very supportive to me in the ups and downs of being an ex-JW. My son and me have developed a closer friendship and relationship these last 15 years or so, as we both exited the cult about the same time back then, and I consider him one of my best friends. My self employed business is doing very well as I take on as much work as I can handle because now- I don't have to worry about meetings, field service, and the WT worship Society clogging up my time and life.

Also I've been playing guitar, banjo, mandolin and writing songs and selling them on the Internet , recording albums, occasionally doing open mics and performances. Music is a healer and about 7 years ago I dove right in and it's a huge part of my life now. I really enjoy my down time when not working and either tend our vegetable garden or play & write music, go on hikes in the mountains with my wife, son, or my black lab dog. Love to read history or psychology books, my wife and I read together a lot.

Life is magical these past 15 years out of the JW cult. Feel like I've grown as a person and matured psychologically, emotionally, and spiritually even though I'm not religious. I get my spirituality from being out in the mountains seeing and being near lakes, rivers, streams, trees, wild life , animals, birds, all of that. And music and meditation. I'm not into organized religion at all- just personal happiness and self improvement. Also get spirituality from music as well.

I miss my adult JW daughters but I try to call them, and they never return my calls, even though I'm not dfed. I just hope that one day their eyes will open up about the JW cult. I'll always be there for them waiting- if and when that time comes. But I'm not going to sacrifice my principles and beliefs by supporting a JW organization that's corrupt- just to live a fake, pretend life in the WT organization. Much happier being real. It's the only way I can live

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Freedom to learn, freedom to experience, freedom from serving a corrupt lying religious publishing house namely the Watchtower Corporation and freedom to help others in need.

Yes life is good.

The WTS./JWs is a corrupt and pretentious organization that doesn't adhere to Christian values, it couldn't even adhere to the ten commandments such as thou shall not lie, let alone the instructions laid out by Jesus to become a true Christian.

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

I do not offend anyone anymore like “I worship the true god, and you worship the devil”

Absolutely realized my role in this universe. Only one and a brief life. Nothing thereafter. Makes my life more valuable

No need to hurry up home after work, get ready for the meetings – all to hear a 2 hour Nonsense

Saturday and Sunday mornings are the most delightful now, as it was in my childhood. A lot of fun whole day.

No Field service to go and vomit some silly and ridiculous lies, pretending they are true and feel ashamed about it.

No need to prick my brain with questions like “Why good people don’t accept the Truth”. “Why does god allow suffering”

A lot more socializing. Wishing people on their Birthdays and Festivals and participating, which gives more Connectivity and happiness

NO need to validate myself on every actions like “What if this pleases/Displeases Jehovah”

Laughing off at all the religious ridiculousness of people.

Yes, to Summarize, a lot more happier.

• mentalclarity
    mentalclarity

Got a BA- traveled and was able to save my kids from being raised JW. I learned what true friends are and have an amazing network of support where people don't turn their back on you because you think differently.

Learned how to be an adult and own up to my own choices. I try to make better ones now. Don't have to check in with anyone about those choices. No need to consult a magazine or an elder- learned how to trust my gut and go with what works for me. I learned how to let other people be themselves too so I have a very diverse group of friends which I love. I learned what respect really means as opposed to all of us having to have the same opinions/thoughts. Have a job that pays pretty well and a side gig that I love.

Shit still happens sometimes, but I can't even imagine what my life would be like if I still was a JW. It's so incredibly limiting. Now I feel like I have so many options open to me and I no longer beat myself up for silly things, like not commenting or missing service or all the ridiculous rules and regulations that JWs have thought of to keep you busy busy in nonsense. No wonder I was on antidepressants for years when I was a JW. Never had to take pills once I was out.

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

I am free to dedicate my life to these amazing creatures. This is Maddy and she is 4 weeks old <3

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit