Plagiarism at Gilead; an admission that shunning is cruel

by AEnEm 2 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AEnEm
    AEnEm

In the latest Gilead graduation video, at around 1 hour, 2 minutes and 30 seconds, the speaker says that "being heard is so close to being loved that for the average person they are almost indistinguishable".

Nice. Shame he doesn't quote the source (doesn't even say the WT phrase "it was once said"). A quick google attributes it to David W. Ausburger in his book "Caring enough to be heard: How to hear and how to be heard in equal communication".

The funny thing is that this flies in the face of shunning. Shunning is a "cruel and unusual punishment", precisely for this reason. How can refusing to speak with someone (or listen to them) be equated with love if this statement is true?!

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Just illustrates untold blatant hypocrisy.

• blondie
    blondie

Over the years when the WTS uses a quote and does not cite the source, use Google putting quote marks around the quote, and then search. Many times the original source pops up. When jw.org used videos of non-jws video clip supposedly supporting the WTS view, examination of the quote proved that it was taken out of context. I sent a copy of that video of the person being quoted, she responded to me and thanked me. The video was taken down that same day. Wow!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit