Comming Out Of The Apostate Closet

by ColdRedRain 15 Replies latest jw friends

• dottie
    dottie

Good for you CRR!!!!

I have been thinking of telling my mom the same news...

Guess what mom?? I am an apostate!

Dottie

• Auntie Flame
    Auntie Flame

However you decide to make your "debut" I know how much courage it takes and I congratulate you....but know this....you/we are NOT apostate.....THEY are.....The reason I know this is because vows at baptism were not to render unquestioning obedience to men, but rather to God...and they are not God....it is most presumptuous of them to usurp God's position....which is probably why they're having so many financial and legal problems now, as well as the hypocrisy of their affiliation with the United Nations having been made public knowledge.

Auntie Flame

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

Thanks for the accolades, everybody. To the person that's about to come out, just wait for when you're comfortable telling everybody, like I did.

One person I would like to thank would have to be Jeff. You and your family have helped me alot. Thank you!

• Xander
    Xander

Although 'apostate' is a real word with perhaps applicable meaning, be careful of taking it as a label.

The JWs have, as with many otherwise perfectly good English words, perverted it to their own use. To them 'apostate' means 'liar'. This I take great exception to, for I am NOT a liar.

Thus, even though I reject their definition of the word, I do not accept being called that by a JW, for to them it means something that is not true of me.

• Gopher
    Gopher

Lee --

It is a pleasure to have you as a friend and also here on this board. You discovered at an early age that the JW's are nothing but a bunch of hoodwinking prevaricators. (Okay -- liars!!)

Also to be called apostate by that bunch of people is an actual HONOR. Who cares what the hell they think? They can spew that word until the Kingdom doesn't come, and it really doesn't mean anything. They've got a lot more to account for by staying within that hypocritical pseudo-religion.

You don't need anyone's approval as long as you have your own! Just show them by being successful (in whatever you choose) that their assumptions about those who leave JW's are so wrong.

• ring
    ring

congratulations,

I havent quite taken that step all the way yet....since most of my familys still in, but i have taken the time to show those of my family that have left some of the information i have found on the net.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit