Any XJWs in SE TEXAS?

by Auntie Flame 14 Replies latest jw experiences

• Auntie Flame
    Auntie Flame

I'm seeking to connect with anyone in Southeast Texas to Mideast Texas area that's disf'd or disa'd

Maybe we know each other, maybe not. It's always good to find others who understand where we've been without having to explain or rehash everything we've done or said that may seem eccentric to someone who hasn't "been there"

It would be nice to meet others with an "in common" background and enough chutzpah to leave the xjw baggage in the closet most of the time.

Auntie Flame

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I grew up in Port Arthur... but I live in Dallas now.

• Valis
    Valis

Greeitngs Auntie Flame and welcome to the board. Here's a map and general location of most all the Apostates in Texas...also we are gathering in March in Dallas and you are more than welcome.

Here is our gathering thread too..

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.aspx?id=44029&site=3

Once again welcome and do enjoy your stay here.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

Hi Auntie Flame , welcome to the board, hope you can make it to the big gathering of the exjw's.

Valis, your map,,,,,,,,, is wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for putting so much effort into it ,,,,,,,,,,I like how you pointed out Joy2Bfree is wayyyyyyy over there - - - - > LOL

I was born in Houston, Auntie Flame, so me and hubby still consider ourselves Texans ,,,,, even says so on our birth certificates!!!!!!!!!!!! Yeeehawwww!! But we actually live around Shreveport, Louisiana, we are the Louisiana Yankees, up north way,,,,,,,lol.

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

Then theres lil ole me waving my proud Texas flag from Elgin! Can you see it waving on Valis' map? But then.. you know that. <wink wink>

Country Girl

• Auntie Flame
    Auntie Flame

WOWOW! What a turnout! Elsewhere, Valis (terrific map there), Lyin Eyes, Country Girl (cuddlin up with that emu in Elgin.. ;) ....nice to meet yall...I live in Beaumont, so you could probably add me to that map, Valis....

Sorry to say, I already have two trips planned in March, one to a very special xjw support group "festa"....and since I already work 6 12 hr shifts at night each week, time is at a premium for me this March....So when is the next one scheduled? I'd be pleased to be included if my work schedule permits in the future.

I was born in Houston and my father's fam still mostly lives there....I was raised in Beaumont, but didn't become borganized until I was living in Dallas (around Garland, Plano) about 1973...I was there for a few years, but left and moved back "home" to Beaumont, where I'm pretty well known by the local witlesses....I moved to California in 1988 and got deborganized there in 1992.

Yall are SO NICE to welcome me like this...THANK YOU!

Auntie Flame

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Auntie, do you know the Gladden family down there?

• Auntie Flame
    Auntie Flame

No, Elsewhere, I don't recall the Gladdens...the name doesn't sound familiar....are they residents of Beaumont? I left for California in 1988, so I haven't really been a part of "things borg-like" in this area for 15 yrs.

I remember the Halls, the Gandys, the Peytons, the Moutons, the Robinsons, the Maggios, and many others I remember by their faces, tho their names now elude me...(lotsa senior moments..LOL!)

Auntie Flame

• Jesika
    Jesika

Welcome to the board Auntie.

Sorry you can't make the apostofest in March, but we Texans have alot of them (any reason to throw a party) so, I hope to see you at the next one.

Were you suprised at how many of us are in TX??? Well, they don't say everything is bigger in TX for no reason right ??? LOL

Look forward to reading more of your posts.

Jesika

• Auntie Flame
    Auntie Flame

Thanks, Jesika. Yes, I *was* surprised at the number of responses....though I figure there *has to* be many, many more out there that aren't aware of the support provided for XJWs online. It took me 7 yrs. to find the support online that's available now.

Thank you for the welcome. I'm looking forward to posting and reading others' posts...there seem to be a lot of terrific people on this forum.

I'll look forward to possibly being able to attend the apostafest after the one this March. It looks like my "dance card" is already pretty full for that month...LOL!

Auntie Flame

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit