Is It Okay To Play Dirty?

by mackey 8 Replies latest jw friends

• mackey
    mackey

When It can free someone from the org? The reason I ask is that I want to get my friend out without scaring her away. After reading Steven Hassans Books I Thought about the following.

I could tell her about someone I knew who became a moonie and talk to her about their practices and how they control their members. And without being confrontaional I could get her to see the similarities with her mindset. Maybe, just maybe something will "click" in her mind and get her thinking. I don't really like the idea of lying to someone, but on the other hand the WTS has lied to her most of her life. Again, It's just a thought.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Deceiving her like this might backfire. What if she figures it out and confronts her with it. I think you can be subtle without playing dirty. Just ask lots of wide-eyed questions. For instance, what are her interests? Chances are there is a WT article that deplores the practice. Challenge her on how sincere a witness she wants to be, if she is picking and chosing which parts of the WT life she is willing to follow.

• Ravyn
    Ravyn

ok--I will tell yu what----I will become a moonie and then you wont have to lie.

to me it is like telling a kid the shot wont hurt. or the medicine tastes good. I got no problem with lying if the end justifies the means and apparently 'jehovah' does not either...after all Abraham lied with Jehoavh's blessings about Sarah being his sister, Jacob didnt just lie--he went so far as to dress up like his brother to fool his dying father! (But I have heard that blamed on his mother since she lied about some knickknack she stole from her father's house before Jacob was even born...)

you do what you gotta do sometimes.............

Ravyn

• AlanF
    AlanF

You don't have to tell her you know someone who became a Moonie, but only that you know of such a person. Having read Hassan's book, that's perfectly true.

AlanF

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Is speaking truthfully playing dirty?..Only if your part of the WBTS,and your members are beating the crap out of you with the truth,LOL!...OUTLAW

• mackey
    mackey

Maybe I'ts desperation and the fear of losing her that causes me to think like this.The past few months have been very trying for me and to be honest with you I'm very afraid of what she's involved with and will do whatever it takes to make her aware of what's going on.

• romansfourteen1to6
    romansfourteen1to6

It's possible to quietly send an informative email from some other email address to a person or to mail them the information with no return address. Here's a good item. Send it off to sit back and watch. It may take a while to do the job - just depending on the person - but it has succeeded in helping many to exit or decrease support to the WTS:

WATCHTOWER SOCIETY EXPERIENCING CRISIS OF CONSCIENCE: In 2002 Dateline NBC then other sources (AP press, CBC etc) documented that Watchtower Society (WTS) heads over Jehovah's Witnesses (JWs) had covered up child molestation, send even convicted pedophiles door-to-door as well as others repentant over child molesting and even murder (also http://www.silentlambs.org 1 877-WT-ABUSE) The WTS heads said God opposes the UN but in 1991-2001 were a formal UN associate not just to use the UN's library as proved by reading the Nov 22, 1998 Awake magazine closely and seeing the 2nd entry at

http://www.unhchr.ch/udhr/materials/articles.htm

Also, 1 Cor 6:1 only says judge "trivial" things as in business, James 2:4-13 calls judging harmful, and Paul says the "majority" (2 Cor 2:6) followed his advice to shun a wrongdoer, meaning a minority chose not to and yet he nowhere condemns them. Yet the WTS has formal Judicial Committes destroying families via numerous formal renderings of disfellowshipment (severe shunning).

Acts 15:20 says abstain from blood but 1 Sam 14:32-5 says Saul's army ate unBLED meat to not starve and no verses show God not forgiving them. Christ says God also forgave David's eating temple holy bread and that "God wants mercy not sacrifice." (Mt 12:7) The WTS's May 22, 1994 Awake magazine tells of 26 JW kids who died without transfusions, and by common sense in massive bleeding as in car wrecks blood expanders won't save lives http://www.ajwrb.org. About 3 JWs die daily earthwide from the unscriptural policy, (Blood On The Altar by David Reed) and most normal identical twins transfuse blood to each other via a shared placenta, a natural affirmation of God's will. Doctors, nurses and the public badly need to find ways to inform JWs of these facts as WTS heads don't fully or rightly inform them.

WTS heads say they are still growing but many believe this is also false. Increasingly even members sticking with the WTS are greatly decreasing donations and support for its heads. Others have joined various church groups including non-denoms or become Free Christians, a name for the general movement of exJWs who also often simply use the name Christians and encourage others to also form nonWTS groups meeting in homes with Unity by love rather than forced uniformity of beliefs. Such groups may designate who are local servants but are led overall by Jehovah's Christ and Spirit rather than a single human, have the Bible for Teacher (2 Ti 3:16) rather than magazine articles and imperfect humans.

Not all but some independent Baptists, nondenoms, Free Christians and others as well as JWs believe resurrection will for some be on Earth returned to Edenic paradise but to heaven for the rest. People are finding that nonWTS Bible Study Groups are easily formed when no one has to ask any one certain human or central group for permission to do so. Most such groups have a reading of the Bible itself rather than a magazine about it, a simple meal, sometimes informal Bible discussions or learning games for the kids, acts of kindess for those in need. They are not often found in phonebooks because they usually are small and encourage attenders to soon form their own groups and spark them to do the same.

Regardless of any belief differences, please note that what you are reading can and has saved lives. Active JWs are not allowed to freely read it when it's put in their hands but will do when it is quietly mailed/emailed to them. It was written out of love for not only beloved ones still misled by WTS heads but also to better inform the public, doctors, nurses, attorneys etc. Please make and use copies of this for years ahead.

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride

I tried this same tactic on my friend and unfortunately he didn't make the connection. All he could say was "that's sick". That doesn't mean this won't work on your friend. I guess it depends on the person and it's worth a try.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Rent a copy of the 1981 movie, "Ticket to Heaven" and watch it with her.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit