Will JWs get DFed if they are caught with old JW publications?

by mickbobcat 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• mickbobcat
    mickbobcat

I was told that if a JW now gets caught reading or with old JW literature they can get DFed. I doubt this is true but wanted to know for sure.

• waton
    waton

if they spread these ideas printed then and there as applying now, as eternal truth they would.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Using old publications to point out errors and hypocrisy makes waves. That is what gets attention.

The assembly hall had a studies opened to the pyramid. Nobody catches on that 1914 is determined by a system every bit as reliable as astrology.

• Longlivetherenegades
    Longlivetherenegades

Yes because they are all technically classified as APOSTATES MATERIALS. Stubbornly holding onto apostates ideas is a strong case for disfellowshipping.

• TD
    TD

No.

The specter of apostasy does not enter the picture until one makes a habit of pointing out the ignorance in these publications to other JW's.

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

That was one thing that was troubling me when I was still in.... so many things had changed since the day I was baptized that it made me question the validity of my baptism, thinking: "I didn't say yes to this or that but I'm still held accountable to it!"

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Short answer is No. Though if someone were seen to be promoting old teachings, then they might be.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Utter nonsense.. Wiser ones still have a library of old books. Once in a while the new articles refer to old issues....when it suits their purpose

• westiebilly11
    westiebilly11

Twaddle...mind you, perhaps not too long before they're DF for possessing non JW Bibles...!.. Personally I have most of older publications...and some make more sense than more recent ones. They often explain with reason, seeking to gain, rather than lecture with threats, seeking to expel.

• GodBeliever

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit