Help with 1914!

by izobcenec 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Francois
    Francois

You cannot convince a person against his will. Not unless you can find evidence that even a pre-programmed JW can't refute.

francois

• AlanF
    AlanF

Hi isobcenec,

: I know I could study all those articles (jeremiah) but all that is still debatable...a matter of interpretation...

Not really. The one thing that causes all JWs to come up short -- totally without an explanation -- is to point out that 2 Chronicles 36:20 clearly states that the Jews were servants to the king of Babylon only until the Persians began to rule. They acknowledge that the Persians began ruling at the fall of Babylon to Cyrus in 539 B.C. Since Jeremiah 25:11, 12 clearly states that the Jews and other nations would serve the king of Babyon for 70 years, the 70 years must have ended in 539, and not 537 B.C. as the JWs claim. This completely knocks out their 1914 chronology. Take a look at the link you were given to a discussion between me, Earnest and others for more details.

: what I would need is something "spectacular", "out of space" argumenent, that would prove, that 1914
    is wrong...it must be very simple, because all those long explanations just dont work...

Alright, use the "population explosion" argument. Get your friend to agree that all of the supposed parts of the "composite sign" -- earthquakes, famine, pestilence and massive war -- kill off huge numbers of people. Point out that the sort of massive increase in these things claimed by the Society would obviously result in huge death rates worldwide. Then hit him with the fact that the population of the world is not diminishing, but growing at a high rate. In fact, population grew faster during the 20th century than during any previous time. Therefore, huge numbers of people are not being killed -- othewise how could the population be growing so fast? I assure you that if he has a brain any more capable than that of a worm, he'll have a lot of trouble explaining these facts away.

AlanF

• izobcenec
    izobcenec

Thank you all, some good thoughts there!

• FiveShadows
    FiveShadows

It's actually quite very simple...if they don't want to accept the 587 thing...then change your approach...use another illustration..infact use the SAME illustration/dream that the king had...Daniel Chapter 4 ...read verses 20-22

4:20 The tree that you saw that grew large and strong, whose top reached to the sky, and which could be seen in all the land, 4:21 whose foliage was attractive and its fruit plentiful, and from which there was food available for all, under whose branches wild animals used to live, and in whose branches birds of the sky used to nest- 4:22it is you, O king! (Nebuchadnezzar )For you have become great and strong. Your greatness is such that it reaches to heaven, your authority to the ends of the earth.

And point that out and say. It directly states who the dream was ABOUT!

If THAT doesn't work...throw in Jah-Eshua did not recieve 'all power' and 'authority' till after his resurrection found in Mt 28:18 ...Maybe it's just me...but If He (Christ) recieved ALLLLLLLLLLLLL authority ...wouldn't that make Him KING? ...And when did this happen? after his resurrection...not in 1914. He made this statement to the disciples back then. Also...~Fs

Edited by - fiveshadows on 3 February 2003 19:25:4

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit