How did this end up in, Best Of?
  • stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

no no guys--you got it all wrong.

we ARE living in the last DAZE------hopefully it will soon be the next DAZE

• myelaine
    myelaine

dear Finkelstein...

"Jerusalem, Jerusalem, you who kill the prophets and stone those sent to you, how often I have longed to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, and you were not willing. Look, your house is left to you desolate. For I tell you, you will not see me again until you say, ‘Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord.’"

the fulfillment of that prophesy isn't in all the people SENT in the name of the LORD...it finds fulfillment when all of jerusalem exclaims, "blessed is He who comes in the name of the LORD".

love michelle

• EdenOne
    EdenOne
    Magnum - the fact that humans now have the ability to virtually wipe out their (and many other) species. That, to me, is the best argument for those who believe these are the last days.

Planet Earth and the universe have had the ability to virtually wipe out all life and they have done it a few times already - at least five times already. Those are called "extinction events". It's not a credible argument, I'd say.

Remember that End Times theologies in the linear time predate Christianity (Zoroastrism), and are also found in Judaism, Islam, Ba'hai and Rastafarianism. Plus, "End Times" of cycles of time are also part of faiths such as Buddhism, Hinduism, Mayan and Norse mythologies.

Eden

• Bonsai
    Bonsai

@ - Bonzai - Its true that we have the technology to nearly wipe out all of the planet, at this time, BUT i guarantee you if we were alive during the BLACK PLAGUE, which was many centuries ago, we would have been thinking THOSE WERE the last days. Almost half the Earths known population DID die from the black plague.

Dunedain, I agree. Good point. I guess what separates nuclear weapons apart from any natural calamity is that nuclear weapons are a man-made weapon specifically designed to wipe out the entire surface of the planet. Witnesses consider this technology an affront to god and the epitome of a Satan-led demonic world. In any argument against the " last days" they will quickly use nuclear weapons as their trump card.

I personally view nuclear technology as a part of human evolution. With great technology comes great responsibility. The more advanced technology becomes, there will always be a faction of people that will want to weaponize it. It's up to our children and their children whether or not we will use that technology for the betterment or to the detriment of humanity. So far, for 70 years we have managed to keep those weapons in their silos. I think that shows that the good among us have, up until now, outnumber the evil.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    One of my most significant wake-up moments was realizing - on my own - that the present day was, in fact, one of the best eras to be alive in so far, rather than "worse than any other past era combined".
  • Tenacious
    Tenacious

Jesus said THEN that the Kingdom of the Heavens had drawn near. Paul repeatedly said the end of days had already commenced.

Then C.T. Russell in 1914 announced the last days had arrived.

Soooooo, who the heck knows. All I know is that we must follow in the steps of the Christ as God wills it.

• steve2
    steve2

It's called "the last days" for good cause: Those days last and last and last - and go on forever.

Your great-great-great grandparents, your great-great grandparents, your great grandparents, your grandparents, your parents and you live out entire long lives in the last days.

These "last days last and last.

In fact, the "last days" of the Christian era are nigh on 2,000 years in length - and still going strong.

• Heaven
    Heaven
    Seriously, if the 'last days' are longer than 365 days, then, come on, we're really in the 'last years'.
  • redvip2000
    redvip2000

While it is true that the ability to wipe out life via nuclear detonation DOES distinguish our modern times, it is also true that humans have shown admirable (and unusual) restraint in using those nukes.

Yes, and the argument can be made that in a country like the US, there are enough guns around that people could engage in an all out shootout and exterminate itself, but this does not happen. IMO what keeps nuclear power in check is the fact that pushing the button, would cause mass nuclear response that would kill everything. There really is no real benefit to launching a nuclear strike, when you know that in the end there are no winners.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit