Raymond Franz

by Medos 13 Replies latest social current

• Medos
    Medos

Hi all,

I have been doing a bit of research. Wasn't Ray Franz who got it in the Watchtowere that 1975 was going to be the end of the world? I just liked to know. Was he considered part of the 144,000? Well he was a false prophet then as 1975 did not come. What a mockery. My dad taught me that children will be killed like when moses and Jesus were babies. I was about six at the time. Now he is licking his wounds I guess. I am not a JW, but what rings true is he sinned against the holy spirit. His heavenly gift expired as he was arrogant enough to say that 1975 would be the end. All those poor sods that preached and gave money to the Watchtower from selling their property. If God needed money, would he not have turned the moon to gold? Please help me.

Medos

• blondie
    blondie

Medos, that was his uncle, Fred Franz, who had little family association with Ray, his nephew. Fred was the resident prophet at the WTS.

Blondie

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

G'day Medos,

Since you are not, or ever have been, a JW (what we call Dubs), you may be a bit hazy on facts. Best to check 'em out before judging, eh?

Glad to have a non-Dub aboard. You may be able to give a new perspective, but please check your facts first before condemning. Ray Franz is held in very high regard by many because of the help that he has been in helping Dubs see the real Truth about the WTS.

Cheers, Ozzie

• mouthy
    mouthy

Ray was duped as were we all were.After all the years he spent in the Borg under awful conditions at times- He ended up with 10.000 for How many years of work? I know all of us ended up with Nothing-But I truly feel that the hand of God was on HIS release & money to do what he has done for thousands...Write the Book Crises Of Con: help them escape. I was speaking to Ray yesterday -because the latest rumor from Brooklyn is that he joined the Church of God... So I called to ask him... He laughed & said" No I have not!!!" But he said last week someone told him he had been killed in a car crash- He says he hopes they will inform him when he is dead- because he didnt know >LOL

• RevMalk
    RevMalk

G'day Medos,

Since you are not, or ever have been, a JW (what we call Dubs), you may be a bit hazy on facts. Best to check 'em out before judging, eh?

Glad to have a non-Dub aboard. You may be able to give a new perspective, but please check your facts first before condemning. Ray Franz is held in very high regard by many because of the help that he has been in helping Dubs see the real Truth about the WTS.

Cheers, Ozzie

That seemed a bit harsh. Not knowing the facts and asking for help surely doesn't mean he had malicious intent.....

Welcome Medos!

Franz did carry these beliefs, but at the time he was, as mouthy pointed out, brainwashed and confused. He's no longer associated with the Watchtower, and no longer believes these things to be true (especially the 1975 theory, LOL)

• FairGame
    FairGame

Rev, you are priceless. You told me once, in email, that Ray was guilty...yet you are defending him now. Wow!

• RevMalk
    RevMalk

Rev, you are priceless. You told me once, in email, that Ray was guilty...yet you are defending him now. Wow!

Who are you?

I probably did tell you that (regarding the molestation issues), back when I myself was being brainwashed by BB. He had me going for a while, and I put full trust in him and his opinions, so I guess you can say I have been saved from the fire a couple of times.

BUT, I did say Franz held on to these beliefs, and he did. I wasn't defending Ray Franz necessarily, I was defending Medos.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

OK Rev, maybe I was a bit peevish yesterday. HOWEVER, re-reading the initial post from Medos, you see that he/she passes judgement on RF without getting the facts. That had been the reason for my words. We can recall the not-too-far off flame wars in regard to RF and the last thing we want is a repeat performance.

Anyhow, I hope Medos is able to find out what he needs to know. Perhaps I can suggest to check out Randy's site at www.freeminds.org as a good start.

Cheers, Ozzie

• RevMalk
    RevMalk

I was probably harsh too, haha. Sometimes I sound that way, but I'm really very innocent. :)

I know you're a good guy, seems that way anyway, so I didn't think you meant anything malicious either.

Keep up the good work.

• reubenfine
    reubenfine

Darn, you all are being too nice. We're supposed to be bitter here, remember??

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit